Wednesday, August 26, 2020

This Is Not About Politics...

As I previously mentioned, we went out Sunday, for a ride in the car.
The hubs gave me two choices,
a swim in the pool or going out, and I really felt that a ride in the car,
with some different scenery, would do me good!
Heading toward Point Pleasant, 
we were crossing the Loveland Town Bridge when I noticed a parade of boats in the water.
You probably know what comes next,
my amazing husband spun the car around, went back to the top of the bridge and let me out.
I must mention here that I told my son Michael this story on Sunday night 
and I thought he was going to have a heart attack. 
He said, "Mom, you can't be doing stuff like that"...but I did!
This is not a political post, 
I never talk politics on my blog...this is just about an old lady, who jumped out of her car,
to get some cool pictures of a boat parade...that's all!!




Those 4 pictures were taken from the top of the bridge.
I figured the parade would end at the Point Pleasant Inlet, so we headed there.
The next 4 pictures were taken at the inlet!




As I am sure you noticed, this was a boat parade in support of President Donald Trump.
To me, it was just a parade of beautiful boats,
all decorated with our beloved Red, White and Blue, nothing more!

12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

A boat parade is fun, looks like a nice day for your outings. Pretty photos. Take care, enjoy your day!

BeachGypsy said...

Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time!!--being on the bridge was the perfect vantage point. Love the pictures!! Look how they are all churning all the water up! Looks like they had a real pretty day for their parade too--great weather. Fun pictures!

Brian King said...

You have a knack for catching things at the right time and a well-trained driver! :-) I always enjoy your boat photos and these are great, too, with the addition of the colorful flags. Nice to see people getting outside!

Andy said...

Your hubby is a great guy. He understands you perfectly. Everyone loves a parade... but a boat parade is rare and special.

Susie said...

Debbie, You sound like me, I do not talk politics. Actually, I hate politics. LOL. It kind of looked like a boat race to me too, in some of the photos. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Farm Girl said...

What neat pictures, I have thought it would be fun to see one of those things in person.
I am glad you stopped and took pictures. Plus, you were out of the house.
Have a great week.

Conniecrafter said...

I would be the same way no matter who it was, wanting to see what was going on and enjoy the beauty of it all :)
Wow I can't get over how choppy the water was, was that from all the boats or was the water that way that day, I would have gotten sick, I get motion sickness real quick. I can't say anything about you jumping out of the car on a bridge because my hubby has done some crazy things to get a picture, in my opinion!

Changes in the wind said...

I loved seeing all the boats all decked out, thanks for sharing.

Ruth Hiebert said...

They do make for a colorful display.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

What a great display. Like you I would have enjoyed it for the spectacle rather than the politics.

Lowcarb team member said...

It was a parade of beautiful boats :)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of the these parade boats. I loved it. I too love the red, white and blue. I loved reading about how your husband spins around to help you accomplish your mission of taking such lovely photos.
Sending loving thoughts your way!