Friday, August 21, 2020

More On Isiasis

As storm Isiasis was coming to shore, 
we were out, I always like to see the ocean right before a storm.

I first wrote about the storm here, just in case you missed that!

I spotted this cool Jeep down by the ocean, I am surprised I have never seen it before.


I like the colors and the "fun" factor.



We stopped at Lake of the Lilies to check on everyone,
this lake is very close to the ocean.



Next stop was, the "Point Pleasant Beach Inlet",
this decorative element is new to the area.
I am sure the locks will be removed, the town removed the locks on a fence nearby.

The inlet was dark and the water was getting very rough,
it was time to go home.
I don't think we realized how bad the storm was getting, but we were only 10 minutes from home.
Once we got there we hunkered down and enjoyed the rest of the day at home,
without electricity!

It was ok, for half the day...but our electricity never came back on until Friday.
This is across the street, we just had a few small branches come down.



After a few days, we booked a room at a Radisson, when we got there, they did not have power.
They offered us the room at half price and I thought they were kidding.
REALLY!!!
No lights, no air conditioning, no television, no internet...
that's what I "don't" have at home.
I called a lot of other hotels, they were all booked.
We drove around, then finally went home.
I never told this part of the story,
 and since I don't have much to write about, I thought I would tell it now.
I hope it is the last storm of the season, but I doubt that!

21 comments:

Natalia said...

The car looks so cute! I wish to see the ocean one day☺

R's Rue said...

That Jeep is so cute. Hopefully no more storms. Have a beautiful weekend.

Susie said...

Debbie, I can not believe the nerve of the hotel. I would have probably ask them ,are you nuts? I hope you and your husband at least had a good laugh all the way home. The little jeep is a cutie. Yes, I hope there's no more storms. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The jeep is cute, flower power! It is no fun being stuck anywhere without power. It has happened here and we ended up getting a generator. A whole house generator is really nice, I think it runs on propane. I am glad you and your home were safe! Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

Marie Smith said...

There are several storms brewing now. I think they will avoid you and I if the trajectory is correct. I hope anyway!

Changes in the wind said...

I would hate having to deal with those storms and not knowing how bad they will be. Glad you are safe and sound and have electric back on.

The Padre said...

Lets Hope The Weekend Treats You Well

Cheers

Brian King said...

I, too, would prefer to be home without electric than in a hotel without electric. I do like the pre-storm ocean and beach! I would be one of those people who was out taking photos. Glad you didn't have significant damage at home.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Being without power is the worst. We were without for 72 hours last October and it was getting very cold in the house. I'm glad you were at least safe. BTW, I want a Jeep like that. Wouldn’t I be a cool white-haired Grandma riding around in that?

21 Wits said...

Oh my we recently had a storm much like that, and we lost our power for a little over two hours. It's the downed trees that are so disappointing too. As for that Jeep it is awesome, so happy you shared it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you got through it and I know you still have so much to contend with. We are watching a couple of storms headed this way and getting ready as best we can. Love that JEEP...I'm a little jeep crazy right now anyway! Hugs!

Sally said...

Oh wow - such a storm for sure! I'm glad y'all didn't have much to deal with as far as trees falling.

Hey - I LOVE that jeep; so cool! I want one. :)

Great photo's, Debbie as always.
xoxo

Sally said...

Ok well I meant to include y'all having no electricity, that stinks!

Rian said...

Love the picture of the choppy waters. When we lived in New Orleans we always went out to the lake front to watch the waves pouring over the bank before a hurricane. And once when we were in Biloxi, I stood on a pier and watched as a storm blew in over the water... it was amazing.
And I had to laugh about the hotel offering you half price. I mean really, if you're going to be without electricity, AC, and TV, you're better off at home.

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! Look at that jeep- what a fun car! Love the photos of the wildlife.

Conniecrafter said...

Now that is a cool jeep, what a great advertising idea, sure gets people's attention I am sure! Do you think that the ducks and swans knew or could sense what was coming? Glad that you didn't have more damage to your yard or home with all that went down. I can honestly not believe that they were going to try and make you pay to stay in something that is no better than what you have at home, that is a bummer that everywhere was full, I sure hope that you don't have to deal with anything like that again, this has been one crazy year!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, cute jeep! Such a dramatic photo of the waves on the beach - glad you didn't get much damage. No fun without electricity :( x Karen

♥ Liz ♥ said...

Glad you didn't get too much damage after the storm. It's nice to see the ocean before a storm but I do feel for those that live right on the coast.

Lowcarb team member said...

The jeep is fun.
The storm definitely NOT!

All the best Jan

Kim said...

It sounds as if the place you booked was a home away from home....NOT! I must say, me thinks I need a jeep just like the flower covered one.....how fabulous.

LeAnn said...

I enjoyed the photos you took of the birds by the ocean. I worry about how they handle these storms. It does look like it hit pretty hard. It isn't fun to not have electricity. We recently bought a generator just because we don't want to lose the food in refrigerators and freezers. That is funny that they offered 1/2 price for a room with no electricity.
I must admit you have had some adventures for sure with these kinds of things.
Blessings and hugs!