Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Getting My Mojo Back, Just A Little!!

I picked up my knitting again.
It felt so good to feel the yarn in my hands...
and to hear the needles clicking with my direction.

The Trellis Shawl
I don't remember the yarn I am using,
 the small paper that identifies it is in the center of the yarn ball.

These Skipper Butterflies are all over my Butterfly Bush.
This particular one is the Sliver Spotted Skipper,
many thanks to my friend Liz for helping me to identify it correctly.

My Knockout Roses are gorgeous right now, 
I wish I had more time to sit on the deck and enjoy them.


I am on round two of the Endless Summer Hydrangea blooms,
I think both of these pink ones are especially beautiful!


I have time to cook once again...

Crispy Panko-Crusted Chicken with Honey Butter
Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Corn
This could be my new favorite!

Weeknight Italian Sausage Lasagna with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese

I love when my meals come each Tuesday...
I think the refrigerator looks "pretty",

each meal comes it it's own zip-lock bag,

the meats are vacuum sealed and kept separate.
I also received my delivery from our local food store, I am all set for the week.

We have been very busy working on both the new building 
and the building that suffered from the fire...
and of course our usual day to day work.
It feels a little overwhelming but things are getting better.

We are happy and healthy, and we work very well together.
So that is a few more days in the books.
I could use a day trip, we are going to try to make that happen soon.

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

Your flowers are beautiful, I love the hydrangea. Pretty capture of the Skipper. It is nice you have your meals all ready to go, makes life easier when you are so busy! I hope you get to go on a day trip soon. Take care, enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

Oh my all those beautiful flowers!!! You must be having some wonderful weather and yes your refrigerator looks pretty:) Glad you are feeling better, didn't know how or why you were sick but just glad you are better.

Marie Smith said...

Having a partner you can work well with makes all the difference. Hope you get that excursion soon.

Susie said...

Debbie, I think you and your husband are a great team. I hope you get to take a nice day trip. I love those flowers. You are the butterfly queen. :):) Blessings to you, be safe. xoxo, Susie

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you are hanging in there. Your fridge looks wonderful. How nice to have that all ready to cook.
Your flowers are amazing. So are your photos. What lovely photos you take. Have a great day today. I am glad you are on your way back.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Linda said...

I have missed some important posts! I’ll go back and see what this fire and building is all about!
Your meals do look good; I like the fridge pic!

Rian said...

Debbie, you are the most organized person I've ever known. Your refrigerator is amazing. And I love the color and pattern of your shawl! Your roses are pretty too - although my favorite rose is a very pale pale pink.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your Hydrangeas are gorgeous.

Kim said...

I am so pleased you have had a little time for knitting, Debbie. Your shawl is looking lovely. The texture on the butterfly's wings and the hydrangea leaves is amazing in your photos! I am glad that with each day things at your place are slowly getting back on track. I hope you can enjoy your day trip very soon.

The Padre said...

Life In The Garden And Serving Up The Good Stuff - Just So Wonderful - Thank You

Cheers

Sally said...

I have to catch up on you, Debbie!
xoxo

BeachGypsy said...

Roses and hydrangeas, two of my favorites.....yours are so so pretty! We also had chicken this week, and left-overs for two more nights! The panko chicken looks great, I love it that way. Ours was baked this time. Hope your week is going great, has it cooled any there?

Lowcarb team member said...

Everything looks good in your pictures.
I do hope you get to go on a day trip soon.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

Glad to hear things are getting better Debbie. Must have been such a shock when you learned of the fire. Photos are great!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I can only imagine all the things you have to deal with at this time, but glad to hear it is getting better and hope you can get that time away. There are times when I would like to not have to think of what I am going to cook but just grab a bag and make it up.

LeAnn said...

I love the color of the shawl. Your flower photos are spectacular. I would love to see your flowers in real life. Wow, your refrigerator looks so good. The food looks so good too. You do make some yummy meals. The pictures make my mouth water.
I'm happy you both are doing well and have a recovery from your fire experiences. I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with all of that.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!