Monday, August 31, 2020

Cute Smiles, Lemonaide & Blooms!!


The young girls that live next door set up a little lemonade stand.
$ 1.00 for a cup of homemade lemonade...that was a bargain 
and on a hot summer day it really hit the spot!

We gave them a five, they gave us a sweet lemonade and a smile.
Aren't they just adorable? They call me Miss. Debbie, 
they came up with that on their own and when I hear it, it melts my heart.


Although most have faded, I still have some beautiful Brown Eyed Susan's. 


I have a few Hydrangea bushes that continue to bloom.
This picture is from yesterday and the hot pink color really catches your eye.


I found this white moth on my purple Butterfly Bush. It still has a lot of blooms on it.


My yellow Daylilies continue to bloom.


And this Rose of Sharon is growing up through my Jose Lilac Bush,
I am not exactly sure where it came from but it's got to go.


My Knockout Roses


This is one of my Black Swallowtail Butterfly,
I have released so many I have lost track.
They seem to love this fuchsia colored Butterfly Bush 
so I usually place them here after removing them from the cage.
Often they take right off, sometimes they will stay for a picture or two.



This is the view from my office window.
The dock pictured is not ours, we never put one in.
We do have 50 feet of water frontage, 
all of the properties are pie shaped so the angle of the view is a little deceiving.
My neighbor to the left is not interested in clearing his property and it blocks a bit of our view.




We had an amazing swim in the pool Sunday, it was a perfect day after rain all day on Saturday.

So that's another spin around the property here, I still have plenty of colorful blooms.

15 comments:

Kim said...

Miss Debbie, you have a mighty fine view from that office of yours. A glass lemonade on a hot summer's day sounds perfect. Your garden is still looking lovely...especially those hydrangeas.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

The girls are sweet, cute photo. Your flowers/blooms are beautiful. Love the butterfly! You do have a great view of the river. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Andy said...

Nice to see the lemonade girls smiles. They brighten up my day.

Changes in the wind said...

Aren't those girls the cutest and your blooms are just gorgeous! The pool land view are to die for.

Susie said...

Debbie, I love your flowers. So many pretty ones. Once my grands had a lemonade stand. The man next door came to get a tall glass, and Jake (age 4) plunges his dirty hand into the ice and drops it in Fred's glass. LOL. Fred said he didn't have the heart to say anything. But he did not drink it. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Conniecrafter said...

We just went for a drive yesterday to a park and the black eyed susans had all died, I think it was from our very HOT temps we have been having, just couldn't hang anymore. Love all the different colors of flowers you have going on, I really need to plant more around our yard, maybe next year :) You do have the best view from your pool :)

Marie Smith said...

It’s been cold here and people aren’t using their pools now. Your blooms are gorgeous. No wonder butterflies stay around for a bit.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I enjoyed walking outside with you! A black swallowtail....now I know what we saw this weekend! And I love your pretty flowers and that beautiful view! I'll bring my swimsuit next time I visit! heehee! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The smiles on those girls faces are as bright as the lovely flowers.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We need some rain! Please send us any extra. Adorable lemonade salespersons!

Hena Tayeb said...

How sweet!

Linda said...

Beautiful flowers! And the lemonade stand is sweet. Have a good week.

LeAnn said...

Oh, my dear friend, you do have such a lovely yard. That view from your office is spectacular. I loved all the flowers that are still blooming. We have lost a few of ours. The Rose of Sharon is a beautiful flower. I can understand not wanting the lilac bush disturbed. We had a plant come up in between ours and regretfully, we had to take the Lilac bush out. It nearly broke my heart. We will plant one again. I love lilacs. I like the photo with the moth and your butterfly one of course. It is so fun to have a pool and yours is beautiful. Thanks for sharing these awesome photos.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

Brian King said...

Gotta love young entrepreneurs! :-) You've still got beautiful blooms! Most of our stuff is long gone with the exception of some roses and the butterfly bush. I could live with that office view!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post from start to finish.
The girls are wonderful, your flowers, blooms and butterfly are beautiful, and that view is magnificent.
I certainly enjoyed my spin around your property.

All the best Jan