Monday, August 17, 2020

A Spin Around The Lake

Saturday, the hubs and I went for a ride in the car...
- just for fun -
He asked me where I wanted to go and I decided on
Lake of the Lilies

It was so good to be out, to enjoy ourselves if only for a spin around the lake.
The hubs helps me scan the landscape, he has a good eye.
We did not see any of the unusual or large birds.
I was a little disappointed at first,
but I thought about how good it was to be out, to be here in my happy place...
and all was well with the world.


First up, I saw this sea gull laying in the grass.
It was an unusual sight to me...
I have never seen one alone like this, laying in the grass, it did not appear to be hurt.
I wondered if it was sitting on a nest.


The swans were busy preening themselves...










These pretty pink flowers were everywhere, do you know what they are?

We went out for dinner, to a restaurant that always has outdoor dining on it's front porch.
Shore Fresh
They have the best, freshest sea food in all of this area.
It comes in on the boats daily and goes straight to the restaurant.
We each had a platter of 
Fried Shrimp and Fresh Cut French Fries
Everything fried, our thinking, the virus would not survive those high temperatures.
I primarily cook since the pandemic started, but we have eaten here a couple of times.
We had a nice afternoon and stopped for ice cream on the way home, what a treat!

13 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Getting out is a special treat and well needed. The second picture of the swans with the splashing water is the best!

Susie said...

Debbie, I liked the pictures. Your lake is a pretty place to go. Glad you had some fresh seafood too. Ted and I went to the DQ drive thru, picked up a couple ice creams and took it to our city park. We parked in the shade, rolled down the windows and listened to children playing on the playground and ate our treats. It was a nice break from staying in. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Marie Smith said...

My kind of day...the ride, the birds, the flowers, the food. Nice break from the usual! That’s such a pretty gull.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

The gulls photos are awesome. I love all the swans, they are a beautiful sight. It sounds like a great outing and dinner. Ice cream is yummy too. The flowers remind me of the wild hibiscus blooms or maybe morning glories? Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy new week!

Boud said...

The flowers look like mallows. Big pink floppy lovely blossoms, last only briefly but they're lovely. You usually find them by water.

Lovely to live where you can bike.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sounds like a relaxing adventure .

Ruth S said...

Little things!

LeAnn said...

This sounds like such a nice ride. It does feel nice to get out of the house for sure. I love the Seagull photos. We have them here and we see them fly over every once in a while. They mainly reside at the Great Salt Lake. Your Swan photos are stunning as always. The meal you had sounded delicious. I used to love to eat on the boardwalk in Seattle. We went fairly often when we lived in Spokane for 16 years. Miss that area a lot!
Blessings and hugs!

Debbie said...

...they become the big things!!!

Brian King said...

I've never seen a seagull doing that, either. Seems a bit late for a nest, but maybe. The swans appear to be doing just fine. LOL! The seafood place sounds great! It's nice you are close enough to the ocean to get it right off the boats!

R's Rue said...

I’m glad you enjoyed.

Conniecrafter said...

that is surprising that seagull was by herself, laying down, usually they are always up and walking around.
Love the pics of the swans in the tall grass!
It sure is nice every now and then to get out and eat a meal that you didn't have to prepare :) Ice cream to top it all off on a hot day is perfect way to end it :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Your photographs are gorgeous.
I think getting out is a treat and should be enjoyed :)

All the best Jan