Thursday, August 13, 2020

It's Time...

Time to cover up the fire images...
lets try to move on to pretty, colorful, happy pictures and I have a few of those to share.

I saw the first Monarch Butterfly in my gardens a few days ago.
It was vibrant, it's wings were perfectly shaped and it's color, those beautiful shades of orange.
It is unmistakeable.
It paused for a long while on the butterfly bush and I was able to get too many pictures.
How many pictures you ask, way TOO many.
I will not share them all - you can thank me in the comments.

I have released so many of my own Black Swallowtail Butterflies that I have lost count.
I was keeping track on my calendar, 
yes...
I have a paper calendar that apparently no one uses any more.
But, I do, and things got so crazy busy that I was not marking all of them down.
For a few, I was so tired, I just had the hubs do it, I didn't even say good-bye to them.
I think I have 2 chrysalis left in that group, but a lot more in the "new" crew.
Things here with caterpillars and butterflies are pretty crazy.
I am happy to report that the hubs and I have been able to keep up,
we've kept them fed and happy.


The skies and clouds have been incredible recently.
The other day, we were driving to "that spot" and the sky was powder blue
and the clouds looked just like this.
For the first time in my life, 
I did not feel that excitement to have the hubs pull over so I could take some pictures.
I regret that, I want to share them with you now, but, I don't have them.


We ate fast food for a few days, after the event.
I am back to cooking and that really feels good and the food tastes great.

This is a Home Chef Meal...
Panko-Crusted Chicken with White Wine Demi, Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Bacon Asparagus
This was really good.

And this...

Another Home Chef meal,
Ricotta Rigatoni Casserole with Garlic Bread
Another really good meal.

So many of you reached out to me, when I had not posted in a while.
So many of you have reached out to check on how I am doing now.
So many of you left such kind comments on my last entry...
Thank You, 
from the bottom of my heart, I am doing pretty well, trying to get my mojo back!

19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

I am glad you are doing well and getting your mojo back. Your butterfly images are beautiful. Your sky captures are lovely, beautiful clouds. Both of the meals look delicious, YUM! Take care, enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

Yum. Thinking of you. 😃

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know something like that really does take a lot out of you and brings you down....physically AND mentally. I hope things improve as time goes on. It's been such an awful summer with everything else that this is just too much. I mentioned you on my post this morning and showed a bunch of creepy insects. lol Lots of hugs, Diane Take care of yourself my friend.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. I for one would say that you can never get too many pictures of a butterfly, or anything beautiful.

Marie Smith said...

Oh Debbie. It is hard to get going again after a set-back. Hope life is settling back into some semblance of normal. Take care.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Debbie, it takes time to get that mojo back and I love how you're turning to those beautiful things in your life to enable that to happen. You'll do it. Thinking of you from afar but, then again, only a keyboard click away. Hugs xx

Ruth S said...

Glad to hear from you. Keep your chin up and take one day at a time.

Debbie said...

thanks ruth, i am feeling better, good to hear from you!!!!

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Debbie, stunning photos and your butterfly pics always make me smile. Hope it won't be long before you get your mojo back. On top of everything else it is such a wacky year. Sending a big hug my friend xx

Changes in the wind said...

Glad to know you are feeling better, love those cloud pictures.

Farm Girl said...

I love that teeny tiny heart cloud. Just for you, God loves you and He's got this. I am so glad you are doing okay. Your butterfly pictures are incredible. Keep posting, I have continued to pray for you and Chuck during this time. Also that you wouldn't get sick. I will continue to pray for you.
Blessings to you from me.

Conniecrafter said...

so good to hear you are bouncing back and getting those pictures once again, I know that times like these can be such a blow but I hope the blue skies and rainbows will be back soon! Love those cloud pictures you did capture and so good you are still able to keep up with your every growing butterflies! Take care my friend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Stunning photographs, it's always cheering to see wonderful colour.

Thinking of you and Chuck, take care.

All the best Jan

Susie said...

Debbie, I have thought of you and your husband. I know you both are hard workers and will get thru this. I am glad to see your butterflies and enjoy them. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

LeAnn said...

Just know that I am praying for you. This is a terrible loss and I can't imagine how hard it has been. Your photos of the Butterflies are extraordinary. Your meals look so good. I am happy that you are back cooking and taking care of those precious butterflies.
Prayers, blessings and hugs!

Brian King said...

Love the butterflies! We've been seeing a few Monarchs this summer which is great. Beautiful clouds! Glad to see you still have the delicious meals going! I hope clean-up and damage assessment is going as well as it can.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you always make me so hungry. thanks for sharing. i wish i could smell-o-vision on these views. i bet u had fun chewing away. ( ;

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Debbie, I feel terrible that I missed about the fire when you first shared about it. I am so slow these days in reading blogs , it’s pitiful. I'm always behind. One thing about coming late is at least I get to see you are recovering at the same time as I read about the devastating news. And I am so glad about that. This has been a hard summer anyway ... you really didn’t need that on top of everything else. I feel bad for you two and for your tenants too, but I am glad to see you are finding some happy while you continue to deal with the aftermath. Take care of yourselves too!

Sally said...

Oh goodness, how horrific. Thanking God though that no one was hurt, as I know you are also. I'm so very sorry this happened to y'all. :(

xoxo