Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sunday Funday

Getting out, 
seeing my little part of the world...
it motivates me, makes me happy and curious...and it turns me into a story teller.

"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures"

I saw this renovated school bus and of course we followed him.
"That Skool Bus"
This school bus has been converted into a mobile home, the people were from Vermont.
The top of the bus has a deck on it.
I would have loved to get inside, but when I hoped out of the car,
the hubs told me not to get into a long conversation.
* hehehehehe *
Me?? does he think I talk too much?
They were parking it, the owners father was directing owner who was driving.
The owner seemed like a nice guy,
waving and stopping to make sure I got a picture.
His dad was not that into my excitement!
Anyway, I would have liked to get the whole story, but we moved on.

I finally got a picture of the pretty, powder blue sky I have been talking about,
is it not gorgeous?

My roses, drenched in sunlight.

I am still releasing my butterflies...
some are just not ready to fly off at release time.

We purchased these kabobs at Delicious Orchard,
in the prepared food section.
We slathered them with Sweet Baby Rays,

cooked on the grill, they were delicious!
The hubs made his world famous potatoes, they were divine. 
Yukon gold potatoes sliced, sweet onion, salt and butter.
They are grilled in foil packets, he knows just how to make them.

We also prepared white corn on the cob from Delicious Orchard,
this may have been the best corn I have ever eaten!

With the cooler evenings, 
the pool water temperature has gone down.
84 degrees, much better than 92 degrees.
We went for a dip on Monday afternoon, 
after the hubs got home from working at the property.

We had these pizzas when we came in, I had put them together earlier in the day!
A Home Chef meal, they were delicious!

Have you been making any special foods while you are eating at home more?
Soon it will be time for the crock pot and comfort food,
do you cook much in a crock pot?

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
That is a nice converted bus, I like the mural on the side. Beautiful sky capture, love the rose and the butterfly! Your meals looks yummy, I always love pizza. Take care, enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

That was a cool looking converted bus and your meals looks awesome. Nice your hubby cooks too, that is a treat.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm planning to cook a roast in my crock pot this weekend. And we love making homemade pizzas. LOVE that old skool bus. They are hard to renovate though. Love your pretty butterfly. I'm going to make some homemade hamburger buns today....better get to it! lol Hugs!

Marie Smith said...

It is energizing to get out and about to see what’s around. Great find with the converted bus.

I have been making international meals, Chinese, Mexican. Austrian up next. Something different for the palate.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those kabobs look delicious ... I may have to do some this coming weekend :)

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now that kind of school bus I could drive. LOL

Ruth S said...

Those potatoes look good!

LeAnn said...

It's been a while since I have read your blog. I'm always behind these days for some reason. All the food looks so delicious. I must do some tin foil meals. I haven't thought about that for a while. The corn looked yummy. We are growing corn and looking forward to the harvest. I do plan to put photos on sometime.
I loved the bus that was converted into a mobile home. We have a couple in our ward that are doing one.
I do love your nature photos. I remember how fun a pool was when we lived in Las Vegas. It was nice when it cooled down a bit in the fall.
It's fun to be back reading your posts. Blessings and hugs!

Sally said...

That bus? I love it; wouldn't it be great to do something like that! Fun, and I'm glad you got the photo!

Such a beautiful sky. And,the food. Girl, that makes my mouth water. :)

I'm off again in the morning over home on the farm. I'll see you back here in a couple weeks. Take care, Debbie!
P.S.
Saying that about Chuck telling you about the talking, lady my daughter can talk the legs off a giraffe and I'd still not know what she was talking about. LOL

xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

Cool bus, nice of him to stop long enough to get a good picture, like how they fixed it up on the outside. It would have been neat to see the inside, I think it was HGTV had a show on that, saw the commercial for it but never watched it.
That sky is beautiful! That's nice that your pool is cooling down so you can enjoy it a little more! We do a lot of grilling in the summer. Not a big crock pot user, mainly because we have out main meal at lunch time and I would have to get up early to get a meal going so we could eat by 1:00 pm.

Brian King said...

The "Skool" bus is very cool, but I'm not sure I'd want to be cooped up with family for an extended time! LOL! Glad to hear your butterflies are doing well. And glad to see you are eating well...looks fantastic!

Debbie said...

those potatoes ARE so good. the ones on the bottom are crunchy, the top ones are creamy and melt in your mouth. they are the best, it's why i keep him around!! * wink *

Debbie said...

hehehehehe!!!!! too funny!! have fun sally!!!

Ida said...

What a great adventure. That converted bus is cool looking. Your food looks yummy.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The bus was fun!, we saw a few kind of like that when we were traveling. I loved the RVing life .. it is easy to meet people and you find lots of characters to chat with (speaking of “talking too much” )). .... Late summer is the absolute best for food! Yours all looks yummy. We are doing lots of Farm Market meals too ... and cooking more ethnic food and vegetarian menus because those were the kind of restaurants we used to look for (while we cooked comfort food at home). So now we mix it up a little more at home. Kinda fun.., keeping the old brains learning .