Thursday, February 1, 2018

It Soothes My Soul...

Saturday was warm, 58 degrees warm,
the sun was shinning and the skies were a beautiful shade of blue.
It was the perfect day for a long walk along the shore to look for sea glass.
It was low tide and the ocean was calm like a lake.
The air was filled with the scent of salt 
and there was just enough of a breeze to tassel about your hair.
The clouds were thin wisps of white magic, stretched across the sky.
Way off in the distance, there's a barge, overhead, squabbling sea gulls!
I have not visited in some time, 
but it is just as I always remember, soothing and peaceful.









Scrubby pine trees line the path away from the beach.
We only found 7 pieces of sea glass, but that was ok.
It's my place!
Bay Head, New Jersey - January 27, 2018

This post is for my sister Kathy, she too has a great love for the sea!

I have the flu so I am turning comments off. Just enjoy the beauty of the ocean.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie. I love all these images. The first view of the beach, look warm and lovely! The pine cone photo is beautiful.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

Just gorgeous, Debbie. Wish I was there too.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Few things beat the senses raised, walking a calm beach.

(Except the whisper of pines on a forest trail)

Changes in the wind said...

Beautiful...especially like the old pier pictures.

Anvilcloud said...

It's nice to have that option, especially in January.

Unknown said...

I know that I've told you many a time just how much I love the ocean, and so, I will just say...
Thank you!!
xo.

Sally said...

The sand, salt air, the waves, so peaceful. You make me want to take a walk there, Debbie. So beautiful! :)

xoxo