Friday, February 16, 2018

A Sweet Treat

Valentine's Day is not usually a big deal around here...


we usually exchange cards and have dinner out...
love is always in the air.
This year was no different except that we included a ride to the beach because
 1, it was warm and 
2, I had seen pictures of this shell heart display on Facebook.
I am never one to miss anything I want to see, and photograph, 
especially if it is within driving distance.

This was at Howe Street Beach in Bay Head...

Apparently, there is a mysterious person who decorates this area for each holiday.

Two shell hearts, one on the concrete, one on the sand.

The Scone Pony closes for winter,
and opened today - so of course we had to stop.

We picked up a sweet little cake for after dinner.

Dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.

I had a steak, with mashed potatoes and vegetables,,,
it was out of this world.
I always order baked ziti at this restaurant, I am so glad I switched things up.

The hubs had shrimp scampi, he gets this a lot and it is so delicious!

Cake from the Scone Pony
- YuM -

And a picture of the 2 of us, to remember the day!!

We also stopped at one of my favorite lakes and I saw some awesome ducks.
Good thing, I needed them for my critter post tomorrow!

17 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It looks like a great day, Debbie! Someone makes a real effort to brighten peoples’ day!

Changes in the wind said...

What a sweet day and the food looks sooooo good.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

ya did it again...made me hungry...and it's only 8:49 A

Anvilcloud said...

A hearty post.

Jill said...

I love, love, love those hearts and that a mysterious person did them! Your dinner looked out of this world! You've got my tummy growling. This picture of you and Chuck is a favorite of mine!

Sally said...

Beautiful hearts, like you guys! :)

xoxo

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like the phrase 'love is always in the air'. That's the way it was with my hubby and me.Lovely pictures.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I love the shell heart, what a good idea. Your dinners look great! I think I'd have a hard time choosing; I'm a sucker for shrimp scampi, but your steak looked really good. Glad you had a nice Valentine's.

21 Wits said...

Yeah baby, that heart made out of shells is really delightful! Sometimes I think our unexpected plans turn out to be the best ever!

Brian King said...

Somebody gets rather creative! I'm surprised no one had come along and destroyed it. Glad you were able to get pictures. Both meals look fantastic!

BeachGypsy said...

Oh my goodness I didn't realize how BIG THOSE hearts were until the picture of y'all with that one! Those really are pretty, whoever makes them, that is such a neat thing to do! I also enjoyed a big steak on Valentines and loved every bite! I love steak and a big baked "tater"! and a big salad--Perfect supper.

LeAnn said...

Oh my sweet friend, I loved this Valentine post. You had such a great day. I loved all the photos. It is really awesome that someone does the beaches with hearts. Your food looked delicious and the dessert yummy too. The shop looked like a fun one.
The best of course was the delightful photo of the two of you. I do think we have the best of husbands and your love for one another shows in our smiles. Sending warm thoughts and hugs your way!

Kim said...

Your Valentine's Day looks as if it was magical. Love the photo of you and your husband. Those shell hearts are lovely. Dinner looked rather delish; your steak looked mighty good!

Farm Girl said...

What a nice outing. That food looks so yummy. I just love all of the wonderful things you and Chuck find when you are out and about.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

awwww, i love it. all the heart day decor ... so fun!! very creative!! what a fun day. your food looks so yummy. that cake too. wow wee!! fun times. ( ;

Conniecrafter said...

That is so neat that someone makes those shell hearts for people to see, and looks like you enjoyed a great meal and yummy dessert too. Wonderful way to spend Valentines :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I don't know how I missed this last month -- Huge thanks... I love this kind of stuff (as you knew I would). Those heart rocks with messages on a few of them look good enough to eat ;>