Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Yarn Along

This one is a big one...perhaps it needs a drum roll...
yes a drum roll is in order - drum roll, drum roll please...

The Chevron Baby Blanket
I almost gave up, 
but I didn't give up and quite honestly, I'm not totally sure what I was doing wrong.

But my super hero Leanne came to my rescue on Sunday, she sat with me,
helped me and it all fell in to place.
Since then, I have knitted at least 15 or more rows, 
changed colors twice and it's just flowing...and growing.



It is a blanket, Leanne suggested I knit it on circular needles...
I am not sure why, but I am going to ask her.
I like the needle, it's purple - but I would like to be able to lay it flat to show you.
With a circular needle I can't do that.


Hopefully, in the end, it will look like this.

And a big thank you to all of my followers, for encouraging me to keep going!!
And a huge thank you to Leanne who always helps me and believes in me!

18 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't think I'm one that encouraged you to keep trying but I'm very proud of you! What an accomplishment! Enjoy your day sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you kept going. Its beautiful Debbie. I love how its turning out. My DIL loves circular needles because she says its easier on her hands. I wonder if that is why because it gets big and heavy towards the end?
You are doing such a nice job.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks great. When I used to knit,I enjoyed working on circular needles,especialy for larger projects.

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous as usual, Debbie!

Екатерина Балагурова said...

Very interesting color combination!

Kim said...

I am so, so happy you didn't give up, Debbie, because your baby blanket is beautiful. Such a gorgeous pattern and the colours you chose are so pretty. Just a little aside.....I didn't think for one minute you would give up as you strike me as a very determined gal. =) I can't wait to see this beautiful pretty finished. Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Debbie...good job!!...:)JP

Jill said...

Way to go, lady! I knew you could do it!!! Bravo!

21 Wits said...

Good thing you didn't give up, it's beautiful. I like that little gift card is it?

Judy said...

Now that looks like fun!!!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hi Debbie! I'm happy to meet you and am amazed at your knitting project, it is gorgeous! How wonderful that you have a special friend to come and help you through the tricky spots! Blessings :)

Unknown said...

wow its look fantastic dear i love these colors..

https://clicknorder.pk online shopping in pakistan

Changes in the wind said...

Look at you go!!! Beautiful.

Conniecrafter said...

It is just Gorgeous, glad you didn't give up on it and that you were able to get a little boost to get you on the right track!! I think the circular is easier when you are knitting such a big piece like that.

Unknown said...

I JUST KNEW YOU'D DO IT (yelling and jumping up and down here!)!!!!!!!!!
It looks wonderful, Debbie!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

It looks so soft and pretty.....glad you figured it out! x Karen

LeAnn said...

Way to go girl! I knew you could do it. I love the colors. You are an inspiration!
Big hugs for this one!

MarmePurl said...

YAY...you got it going! I knew you would.
I use circular needles for just about everything.