Friday, February 23, 2018

Time at the Beach...

Here on our driveway, it was 70 degrees as we loaded the bikes onto the bike rack..
We hurried just a little,
 it was warming up quickly and we wanted to get a bike ride in before it got too hot.
Too hot, on February 21st but that is a true story.
We decided to ride on the boardwalk 
because we thought it would be too hot on our bike path at Allaire State Park.
As we got closer to the beach, the temperature was dropping
and it got windy, too windy to ride the boards.

But not too windy for a few pictures...




We, (the hubs helped) took these pictures in Ocean Grove...
we like to ride our bikes here because the boardwalk is new and wide.

We drove around a little in the car, looking for ducks and wildlife, we came up empty.
We headed to Allaire State Park and rode our familiar path.
Lots of people were out - I kept saying "good morning" to everyone, 
but in reality, it was afternoon.
I honestly didn't think I would make the length that we usually ride.
It was our first time out and my legs were weak.
The hubs kept reminding me he would come with the car
and pick me up no matter when or where I quit.
But I rode the entire length of what we usually do, about 2 miles.
Not much to many, but everything to me!

We stayed out and ran a few errands, Target, Christmas Tree Store and Michaels.
We had a salad at Atlanta Bread and then headed for the home front.
I had done too much and the house was so hot when we got home,
but the memories were oh so good!!

22 comments:

Jill said...

Thank you for a beautiful,peaceful post this morning. You did extremely well on your bike ride! I don't think I could ride a bike for 2 blocks let alone 2 miles!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I was thinking just this morning it's about time to get the kayak out.

Lovely shots.

Anvilcloud said...

What a treat to get out for an early bike ride. I used to love cycling.

Gloria Williams said...

My hub and I enjoyed the warm weather immensely! We sat outside all afternoon, refilled the bird feeders and enjoyed the show. How great to live on the Jersey Shore😎

Changes in the wind said...

You are such a trouper...can't keep a good girl down.

Debbie said...

it was such a beautiful day, blue skies and sunshine, everything you needed to lift your spirits and sooth your soul!! it was a nice "break" from the winter weather...mother nature saying "here's what's coming"!!

Farm Girl said...

Such a good thing to do when it warms up a little. The pictures are beautiful. It sounds like my kind of day.

Pam said...

So beautiful. I closed my eyes and I could hear the waves.

Giga said...

I would love to take a walk along the beach and listen to the sound of the waves. Congratulations, because of the first bicycle ride this season. Regards.

Sally said...

Good for you, Debbie, to ride that far! I'm proud of you. :)

Beautiful photos.
xoxo

BeachGypsy said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!! Sunshine blue skies soaring seabirds salty breeze bikes and the one you love

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos! I love the beach grasses!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That gull in the deep blue sky is amazing. Hope you got a good rest after that excursion.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

What a nice post to read about your bike ride. Your pics are so beautiful. What a fun day for you and hubby.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a beautiful ride - good for you for doing the 2 miles! Wonderful photos! x Karen

Wietrzyk said...

Today is a snowstorm, so I'm happy to see your calm and sunny photos :)

Kim said...

Yesterday I saw you with a scarf and hat and grey, grey, grey. Today gorgeous blue skies and ocean. So glad you enjoyed your day out and about. Good on you for biking that distance.

Karen Lakis said...

That's awesome, Debbie! So nice to get out with your bike and reach your goal. You've got a beautiful place to ride! I'm really looking forward to getting back on my bike, this spring. Warmer weather ahead!

Conniecrafter said...

Hasn't this weather been crazy, the start of winter here was extra cold but then here in the past few weeks we have had those delightful warm days even breaking some records :) That is fantastic you were able to do the whole bike ride, and even do a little shopping too. Hopefully once you got home you were able to relax and recharge, always a good thing when you can look back on your day and say now that was a good day! Hope you have a good weekend too!

Unknown said...

How terrific is this :>

Unknown said...

What a beautiful day for you, Debbie, and I just love these photographs.
xo.

LeAnn said...

I loved reading about your biking adventure. You continue to amaze me and I love that you could finish the ride. I don't know that I could have made it. Of course, I am much older than you. I am happy you had such a beautiful day to ride. The70's in February is a treat. As always, I loved your photos and especially the bird shot.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!