Monday, September 4, 2023

Stepping Stones

Sometimes one needs to step away...
go for a drive and see what one can find while out and about!

For me, there isn't anything a ride in the car can't fix!


A Pete & Elda's pizza fixes everything as well!

We drove thru Allaire State Park and found this tree already beginning to turn for fall,
how beautiful is this tree?

The ocean displayed it's fury from Idalia...
The shore did not receive any rain from Idalia but the surf was dangerous and rip currents were present.
We often take a ride to the beach when there is a storm, just to see it's impact on the ocean in our area.


We took a ride to the local airport...
there were a lot of jets on the ground and I watched the plane below land.
Fun stuff for me.
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi use this airport in Wall Township.


I found this wall mural which I loved...

And coming home to wildflowers from my garden...
the sea glass I have had forever.

It's been very hot and humid here at the Jersey Shore...
If you are looking for a good flick or two to watch on tv...I have watched a couple on Netflix
- "Look Both Ways" - "Love Again" - 
- "You Are So Not Invited To My Bat Mitzvah" -

Look Both Ways was my favorite!

13 comments:

Sandi said...

What a lovely post. 😊

Glad that plane says Up, not down!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely words, photos and post Debbie!
I love pizza!
The mural is beautiful and I like your collection of sea glass.
Have a great day and week ahead.

Marie Smith said...

We had a picnic today and watched some migratory birds feeding along the shoreline. Such a simple thing but a wonderful way to spend time enjoying life! Like you do!

Leanne Coppola said...

I love this post. I know how much you enjoy your rides and I also know how car rides were a little bit hard after the accident. Glad you can enjoy it again. Now I want that pizza! Miss you xoxoxoxo

Rian said...

Debbie, I have heard of... but never actually seen sea glass. Did you find it on the beach? And thanks for the movie suggestions. We finished Heartland on Netflix and just loved it... hated for it to end. Waiting for another season. But we are now watching "Where the Heart is" on Roku... and I like it too.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those waves look intense! We too watched that Adam Sandler movie the other day!

Ruth S said...

I only go to Pete and Eldas off season. But they make the best thin crust pizza ever!

Presh said...

There is great insight in your post. Why don't you check these out too:
Truly African Dating App
Ellie Dating App

Bonnie K said...

Thanks for the drive. I don't live by an ocean so it is very interesting to me.

BeachGypsy said...

Hi there Debbie, hope y'all had a nice Labor day! Wow, that pizza SURE LOOKS DELICIOUS! Wouldn't it be neat to be watching and see a plane come in and John Bon Jovi get off the plane? LOL

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice post.
That wall mural is lovely.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I agree, I enjoy when Greg and I go for our drives to our favorite places.
Greg mentioned that today on base some leaves were turning yellow and he wondered if it was turning for fall our not enough water. It's amazes me how the water can get so turned up with storms from far away.
That mural is pretty cool, so much detail.
I watched a movie today on Netflx but can't remember the name, something about happiness. When that one got over Jesus Revolution came on next, I only got through half but that is a good movie too.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm your twin (your much much older twin) when it comes to a ride in the car especially when we have our guys who will always stop for picture ops!! A drive always cheers me up. Love the fun and beautyk you stopped for and thanks for sharing!