Saturday, September 9, 2023

Saturday Critters #508

 oh deer, I have been seeing so many deer in my little corner of the world.
I love them, they are wild and free and they remind me that animals exist in nature without our help.
I saw the first 2 on a drive in Wall Township, they were out of the woods, enjoying the variety of grasses.
One thousand cars drive past them on this busy highway, they care not. 
But if you pull over and stop your car, they are on high alert.
Here, they don't usually run, they check you out and keep half an eye on you as they enjoy the grasses.





They are starting to lose the pretty red color they have during the summer.


These 2 Fawns still had their spots, the little ones are curious and friendly.


This Doe appeared to be their momma.

- not all who wander are lost -

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
I love the deer too, I hope they stay safe on the roads and around the traffic. Hunting season is starting here, the deer will be hiding, I hope.
Your photos are beautiful, love the deer and sweet fawn. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend.

Hena Tayeb said...

You got some really nice shots.
We have a bunch of deer in our area.. some come up all the way to our patio door.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Those are some healthy looking deer! The fawns around here are starting to lose their spots, faded but you can still see them.

Marie Smith said...

So beautiful! Great shots, Debbie. Thanks for the info on blog books, my friend!

Lowcarb team member said...

You got some great photographs Debbie.
Happy Saturday to you.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures!

GreenComotion said...

Oh my! What a lovely collection of deer photos. Great job, Debbie.
Happy WE!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. Happy Sunday. Hugs. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love seeing the deer. Every now and then we will see a family of them out by our pond, but they don't stay long, and mostly seem to be passing through. You got some great shots!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Your deer shots are a delightful!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I do love to wander! lol And I love seeing a young deer with spots. It just seems extra special! Enjoy your day my friend!

21 Wits said...

So charming, they are a beautiful and graceful gift to enjoy!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Beautiful animals and your photos. Thank you for letting me see them.

Conniecrafter said...

I had to laugh that is about how it is, there can be so much commotion as long as you keep moving but don't stop and look at them that makes them nervous. I just love all those spots :)