Saturday, September 16, 2023

Saturday Critters #509

 I only have a few very small critters to share here today.
These are from our trip yesterday to

Grasshopper
It's little feet were so cute and it cared not how close I got.

The Sunflowers were covered in Yellow Jackets Honey Bees (thanks Diane).
I don't ever remember seeing so many in the fields of Sunflowers.

Beauty and the Beast
The hubs named this picture...this Cabbage White refused to land on a pretty flower.
It gave all of its attention to the wilting ones...how kind.

Dahlia with an Ant...they always have Ants on them.

- don't let the small things bug you -

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We sure have had a 'buggy' summer! Love your big beautiful blooms! Do you think those bees might be honey bees? They were on the sunflowers here earlier this summer. Enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

diane...i think you are probably right!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I was surprised at how many were on the sunflowers I saw but they didn't come after me...a clue! Honey bees doing their job!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely photos. Your dahlia photos has a really clear white color.
Grasshoppers have been plenty this year, more than bees. Must be they like the rain.

BeachGypsy said...

Oh I do love pretty dahlias-- I may try to grow them next summer. I never have

Sandi said...

You know the difference between a grasshopper and a locust? Behavior. A locust is just a grasshopper in a swarm.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great captures Debbie.
Happy Saturday and weekend wishes.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

The insects are busy here, especially the bees. When miss so much when we don’t take the time to look at the smallest creatures. Great photos, Debbie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
A great post with lovely flowers and insects.
The sunflower with the honey bees and the Dahlia are some of my favorites.
I love that quote too, so true, don't let the small things bug you.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.
Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a delightful collection of small critters and beautiful blooms!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

How beautiful ! Love the close up of the sunflower with the honey bees and I have not seen a grasshopper in years. My white hydrangeas are also full of large ants. I cut some to bring inside and noticed the ants!!

Conniecrafter said...

I was just telling Greg how close you can get to things when taking pictures and I told him I think they know when it is a guy coming towards them or a lady :) Love the details you got! That Dahlia is just gorgeous!