Thursday, February 23, 2023

Let's Create...

 It's really been a great winter, very mild, no snow.
Even with the great weather, 
there are not too many outdoor activities scheduled because it is generally too cold in this area.
We have gone to a few fun, outdoor, "ice" related events,
I have been thinking, they don't really schedule enough winter themed activities.

I do like winter, I look forward to staying inside and creating.

I made these three bookmarks...they are all over Pinterest right now.
Cut two hearts from felt, you can embroidery anything you want on one of the hearts, be creative.
Stitch both hearts together, I close mine halfway, and they slide right over the pages.


The blanket I am working on is coming along nicely...
I am on my third ball of yarn, with three more to go on this my
in Wonderfluff Bulky Weight Yarn
70% Baby Alpaca, 23% Nylon, 7% Merino...100% soft and squishy!
The blanket is 32" long right now, almost 3 feet.


We have been having some really pretty sunsets...


The hubs bought me these beautiful flowers at the food store.
You just can't beat it...five dollars and they are always so fresh.

 - if i'm sitting, i am creating something -

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Spectacular sunsets indeed. Love that blanket, Debbie!

Rian said...

I also like the Seedstitch blanket... and may try my hand at it before long. At the moment, my friend who makes beautiful fisherman's afghans gave me one to give my daughter and I'm busy putting on the tassels for her.
BTW, Debbie, have you planted your spring garden in your veg trug yet?

Linda said...

Beautiful photos and I love those book marks!!! I have been reading more than usual lately and I love making book markers!

Your blankets are always like spun air to me.....just beautiful!

DeniseinVA said...

Gorgeous photos and loving your indoor creativity. Definitely incredible sunsets too, both photos stunning but the one with the trees spoke to me today. The Peruvian(?) lilies in the jar? Now that is a picture-perfect ending to your post. Have a happy Friday and weekend Debbie!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the cute bookmarks, you blanket is pretty too.
Gorgeous sunset captures. The flowers are lovely.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! Spectacular sunset shots!

Love the pretty blanket.

Hugs and blessings, Debbie.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those skies are beautiful.

All the best Jan

Terra said...

The heart bookmarks are a brilliant idea and new to me. Yours are very pretty and the sunsets too.

Conniecrafter said...

our winter started off cold and with a big snow storm but has ended on quite the more mild days with some cold ones throw in every now and then. Your bookmarks are gorgeous, I have seen them done like this out of paper but not felt that I can remember.
Your blanket will be nice and big if you are half way through :)
I really love the colors in the second sunset and wow what a deal on those flowers, touch of spring already!

Catherine said...

I am always working on my crocheted blanket . During the winter days I am always doing things inside, I have just painted all my kitchen cabinets. Your book marks are a good idea I will have a look.

LeAnn said...

Those bookmarks are fantastic. Thanks for sharing a video on how to do them. The blanket is so pretty. It has my favorite color ever. I love light blue. Of course, I had to borrow your sunset photo; it is incredible.
Blessings and hugs!