Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Howe Street Beach In Winter

Or is it winter?
Howe Street Beach in Bay Head...
my favorite beach, the one we visit all the time, the one that has the shell art for every holiday.
On February 10th, we had another warm day, full sun, 60 degrees.
I wanted to "sea" the ocean and check out the shell art for Valentines Day.
We stopped for a few minutes and got to see the 8 foot waves, all the surfers,
and the shell art I shared pictures of yesterday.
But is it really winter, it has been so incredibly mild...
cold days are 45+ degrees, that's winter in New Jersey this year and I'll take it.











These gulls were small, they flew in a flock...a pattern I had never seen before.





- the waves of the sea help me to get back to me -

10 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Cool shots! I bet the surfers are enjoying this mild weather. Things are cooler here in the southwest, seems you have stolen all our warmth!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful views of the beach, surfers and the gulls. Take care, have a great day!

Rian said...

Always enjoy pics of the ocean and/or beach...

Catherine said...

I love the sea! Thank you for the beautiful pictures. I live 100 km from the sea and we often go there on weekends

Ruth S said...

We always go to make sure “ocean is still there”.

Debbie said...

hi ruth...my forever quote, "i just have to make sure the ocean is still here"!!

Veronica Lee said...

WOW! INCREDIBLE shots, Debbie.

Have a great weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow those look like scary waves, I don't think I could ever be a surfer. Love the pic of the seagulls with the waves, very cool!
I just heard on the news today that the south will be having there spring 3 weeks early this year, that is just crazy.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs Debbie.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

These photos of the Ocean are spectacular. I'm not sure about surfing at that temperature. Their wet suits keep them warm. The Seagulls are beautiful. We do have a lot of them here.
Blessings!