Friday, February 3, 2023

Knitting Is The Answer

- knitting -
Two sticks and a piece of string...
producing a piece of fabric by joining that string into a series of continuous loops.
I find there is something so calming about the sound of two knitting needles "clicking" past one another,
the feeling of yarn advancing on your skin.
There is quite a sense of satisfaction watching work advance from nothing to the finished product.
I found this article "what is knitting" so interesting!

I started another hat for the "New To You Make Along 2023" 
This is a "Double Brimmed Hat" and the pattern can be found here.
New to me as I have never knitted a hat this way, 
this will be for my son Mike for this coming Christmas.
I start early.

I am knitting with naturally hand dyed yarn by Liz.
The yarn is dyed using black beans, she named this yarn "The Magical Fruit".
There is a small accent of dark gray around the rim, it is a little hard to see in the pictures.

Inside you can see the extra layer of knitting, making the ear area twice as warm.


I love this stitch marker that I am using, a gift from Kathy in Maryland.

I am on my second ball of yarn on this my
in Wonderfluff Bulky Weight Yarn
70% Baby Alpaca, 23% Nylon, 7% Merino...100% soft and squishy!
Those evergreens laying on the blanket smell just like the forest.
I think I will keep them indoors for a while, the smell makes me happy!

 - if i'm sitting, i'm knitting -

10 comments:

Leanne Coppola said...

I love everything about this post! Going to check out that article now.

Sandi said...

I think you may be right. I mean if instead of all the craziness of the world people just knit instead, well, wouldn't that be great?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the evergreen smell! I know there are a lot of candles, etc but nothing smells like the real thing!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The yarn looks pretty, interesting how the yarn was dyed using black beans.
The scent of evergreens is nice. I am sure your son will love his new hat.
Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

My mum loved to knit, and in my memories, I can still hear the click-click of her knitting needles ...

I'm sure Mike will like his hat.

Have a lovely weekend.

All the best Jan

Marie Smith said...

My favourite hat, for the coldest weather is a triple brim hat I knitted. Triple brim because I didn’t know how to finish it and kept knitting. I rolled it up…triple brim! So warm and cozy!

Conniecrafter said...

I love what she named the yarn for the hat you are making your son, I like the little details in it too! You are coming along good on your blanket!

Rian said...

Debbie, you really make me want to start knitting or crocheting again. And I agree that it's a great thing to do when watching TV or just sitting by the fire... unless it's a complicated pattern and then I have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

Sally said...

Oh goodness, Debbie, you are a wonderful and creative girl! I love the hat, and I know it will be a welcomed gift!

So funny reading this; last night Rylan had me take down my mom's old sewing kit. She was going through and found a knitting needle. She said what can I make with this? I told her she would need another to knit. Bummer, she said. :)

LeAnn said...

I love watching your knitting projects proceed to the finish. You really are talented at knitting. That will be fantastic for your son. Also, you are terrific at finding fun patterns.
Blessings and hugs!