Monday, February 20, 2023

What's Happening...

My Crocus have bloomed...


and are looking more beautiful than ever.


The weather has been so warm...

everybody is confused.
My Daffodils have popped way out of the ground and there is no stopping them now.
We are going to have daffodils early this year and I am not complaining about that!

Our whale problem continues...

2 more whales have washed ashore dead on the New Jersey beaches,
now there are calls to stop offshore wind research.
There have been a total of 12 dead whales that washed up on our beaches during these last few months.

I finished my Double Brimmed Hat. 
The pattern for this super easy hat can be found here.
You may remember that I am knitting with naturally hand dyed alpaca yarn, created by Liz.
The yarn is dyed using black beans, she named this yarn "The Magical Fruit".
There is a small accent of dark gray around the rim, it is a little hard to see in the pictures.

I received the new book for the book club.
The One Hundred Years of Leni and Margot by Marianne Cronin
so far, I am enjoying it.
Since we are getting a late start, and February is a short month, this book is for February and March.
The blanket I am working on is under it.

I took a lot of pictures last week, this one was my favorite.

10 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Meanwhile in South Dakota we are getting 5" of snow and lows in the negative teens.

Do they know why the whales are dying?

I love that hat and that last picture as well.

Debbie said...

hi jim...they do not know why the whales are dying, but it is very sad indeed. they have removed all of them and are doing many tests to determine the cause. it looks like the last one died as a result of a boat propeller and that maybe offshore wind research could be a factor in others. i am not really sure how that may contribute.

we have never seen this before...

Conniecrafter said...

so sorry to hear another whale has washed up, I surely hope they can figure out what is going on, I imagine there are so many things out there that could effect it. Congrats on another hat made, I do like the darker yarn you added to the rim.
Good you are enjoying the book and the blanket is looking great!
That is a great picture, Greg really loves to take pictures of the dead plants in the winter they have a beauty all their own :)

Lowcarb team member said...

So sad that another whale has been washed ashore dead.
I do hope they will be able to find out what is causing this to happen.

Your Crocus photographs are fabulous.

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

So sad that another whale has been washed ashore dead.
I do hope they will be able to find out what is causing this to happen.

Your Crocus photographs are fabulous.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

PS Debbie, apologies for commenting twice but blogger seems to be deleting some of them!!! (or perhaps they are going into spam)

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful photos! So sad about the whales. Wish we understand what makes them beach themselves to die. Love the hat and blanket!

Pam said...

LOVE the flowers. Love purple. We have been popping out with blooms all over the place also. I was thinking that the first of Feb. was a bit early but I can't remember when all that is supposed to bloom. Poor whale. Did it die? I hope not. I have been wanting to be in Calif. in the month that the whales migrate so I can see them. I usually go in July but I could opt for another time just to see that. Never seen one out and about in the ocean.

Shivram said...

Thank you for sharing this great post. please keep updating the list erp software company in Chennai

LeAnn said...

Oh, I do like this last picture. You always find some unique ones. The hat is lovely, along with the white Blanket. I would love the pattern for the Blanket. I'm in a Book Club too. Sadly, I haven't been as good at reading, along with blogging.
I'm sad about the Whales washing up on your shores; that is awful.
Wow, getting spectacular photos of your flowers this early is fantastic. Unfortunately, we expect a big storm in our area tonight, possibly 12 inches.
We do need the water, so I'm grateful.
Blessings and hugs!

Catherine said...

Everything is in advance in the garden, but I hope Summer and very hot temperatures will not start in April like last year. We have lost a lot in the garden even if watering a lot. We have a lot of dead dolphins on our shores.