Thursday, February 16, 2023

Winning On Super Bowl Sunday

 I grew up watching football...
I was a cheerleader...
 so cheering at football games was a big part of my life for as long as I can remember.
When I got married, 
the hubs was not into football and I drifted away from watching it.
He took the boys to a couple Giants games, I didn't go.
A few years back I started watching it again on television and I am a die hard fan again.
My team...Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, I love everything about them.

I enjoy Patrick's story, on and off the field.
He is so kind, humble, loyal, supportive and he married his high school sweetheart.
He has a really positive personality! 
And come on...the way this guy plays football, unique and so amazing,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for being alive...
and for choosing football over baseball.


I always get such a thrill seeing the American Flag!


The snacks are just as important as the game...well, almost!


I only use 8 ounces of sour cream and add 1 cup of mayonnaise,
I do not add the cream cheese.

And unless you live on Mars, you know the Chiefs won 38 - 35,
it was a very exciting game and the Eagles gave us a real run for our money!

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

It was quite a game for football fans! I’d be there for the snacks!

Sandi said...

I love to see the flag too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love football and I love the Chiefs too! That was an amazing game and both teams played so well. What a night! I love Patrick's story too and loved seeing his wedding photos. I saved one on my desktop! lol Hugs!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Mahomes is a class act, as is Andy Reid. Sadly, I am a Vikings fan but KC is a close 2nd.

DrumMajor said...

Yep, Kansas City had fun yesterday. All metro schools were closed, even some businesses and doc offices. We had a grand parade and rally. There were 6 spots around town where you could park and be bussed to the parade site that all ran smoothly. 7 "lost kid" sites reconnected 23 lost kids. And everyone just had fun! That was nice. I watched some on TV. Linda in Kansas

Catherine said...

I heard of Super Bowl but we don’t have much news about it here. You made nice treats for the occasion I am glad you enjoyed this occasion.

Conniecrafter said...

it was an interesting game, I was hoping the Chiefs would win too. I am not really into sports even though I played a lot of it as a kid, I like watching family or other people I know but we usually watch the super bowl every year :).
you about shocked me when you said you don't add the cream cheese, that's the best :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Super Bowl sure is a big event :)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

We only sometimes watch the game for various reasons. But we did record it and watched it on Monday. We loved that the Chiefs won. Their Coach is a member of our faith, and a couple of the players too. It was an exciting game. I loved that you were a cheerleader. We do follow College football a lot.
Blessings and hugs!