Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Watching The Boats At The Inlet

 There are not too many places you can go and take fun or exciting pictures right from the car.
All of the pictures in Ocean Grove were taken from the car,
and you guys seem to enjoy those.
I can take pictures of the boats at the inlet from the car...
but I have shared those so many times.
We drove to the inlet on Saturday, just to "blow the stink off".
Are you familiar with that expression? I use to hear it all the time growing up.
We had dinner in the car and I took a few pictures of the pretty boats.

I will share a few that I may not have shared in the past.

This beautiful sailboat. 
We must have seen at least 75 boats coming and going,
mostly privately owned pleasure boats.

This sail boat was being towed in.

We saw two of these "cigarette"/race boats...

and the Parasail boat going out.
I always thought I would want to do this, not thinking it through.
This little boat goes out in to the ocean, with several people who are going to sail.
I get sea sick, and you sit on the boat while everyone takes their turn, rocking and rocking.
So thanks, but no thanks.

- I wanted freedom, open air and adventure, I found it on the sea -

9 comments:

betty said...

These are all great pictures even from a car!!

Betty

Sandi said...

Reminds me of my little hometown. Thanks.

BeachGypsy said...

Pretty pretty boats!! We like to watch them here too-- relaxing way to spend an evening!

BeachGypsy said...

Oh!!!-- i just saw the Victorian homes in the previous post!! So gorgeous!! Love that fun birdhouse tree too!!!

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing pictures

Marie Smith said...

I wouldn’t Parasail today. I am not brave enough any more. Great photos.

Conniecrafter said...

I am with you going out on a boat sounds good but when I actually get out there and it starts rocking this girl gets terribly sea sick and I hate that feeling. I have been able to do a pontoon boat out on a lake a couple times as long as it was very calm out and they drove slow. And yes I have heard that saying before, I am glad that you are able to get out and see the water without having to leave your car and that you are getting out and at least being able to eat in the car :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photographs, it's so lovely to be near water and watch the boats.

All the best Jan

Brian King said...

I don't think I would get tired of watching the boats even if I lived someplace where it was a daily occurrence.