Monday, August 9, 2021

Home Chef

 I reactivated my Home Chef meal subscription, you may stop and start whenever you like or need to.
Three meals came and it was time to see how I/we would do.
I need help cooking them and the hubs has been an awesome assistant.
Bringing all of the ingredients to the kitchen table is super easy as each meal comes in its own bag.
I dice, chop and mix at the kitchen table and the hubs does the cooking once everything is ready.
So far, we have made a great team, and the hubs is learning how to cook.

All three of these meals were awesome!!

Huli Huli Chicken Rice Bowl with Charred Pineapple and Coleslaw

Brewpub Burger on a Pretzel Bun with Warm Potato Salad

Crispy Sweet Chili Shrimp Rice Bowl W
ith Green Beans and Peanuts

I really enjoyed cooking again, it felt great being in the kitchen and rubbing elbows with the hubs.

The secret ingredient in cooking is love!

10 comments:

betty said...

I have to agree with your last statement. Cooking (and cleaning up afterward) is a labor of love :) The meals do look delicious! Glad you guys found something that works for both of you helping get a meal on the table :)

betty

eileeninmd said...

Your meals all look delicious! Hubby and I share cooking duties, he likes to make mashed potatoes. Have a great week!

Rian said...

Debbie, I do most of the cooking and DH helps with the clean up. Occasionally he cooks... makes fabulous red beans and rice, stuffed peppers, and pecan waffles! Glad you are able to cook again. It can be creative and fun (especially if hubby helps).

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Those all look good. Your sweetheart is a gem and I'm glad you can work together. I've heard that those Home Chef meal kits are great for people just starting to learn their way around the kitchen and that sounds logical. Bill has been cooking more lately, which works out very well as he is enjoying experimenting with new recipes and I am getting a wee bit bored with it. (Just sometimes, it depends on my mood ... we used to go out for meals a lot more until you know what came along!). Now that we split cooking, I don't get as tired of my own recipes and everything tastes better. So yes love (of your fellow diner/cook AND love of what you're doing) are both important ingredients!! .

Marie Smith said...

We recently ordered meals from a group which ships to the island. They were delicious. We get them every month or so. Yours looked yummy!

Lowcarb team member said...

"The secret ingredient in cooking is love!"
Love these words :)

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is so wonderful that you can work together like that.

Changes in the wind said...

They all look wonderful and so glad you can enjoy them again.

Conniecrafter said...

starting the meals up again was a great idea, then you don't have to get ingredients around they are all there for you. This looked like some great meals, it is so nice to see our men stepping up and helping with the meals when we need a bit of it, so thankful you have a good man there as your partner in life! I continue to pray that you will soon be able to get around better! Hugs to you!

Linda said...

I'm happy you are doing things you love to do!