Friday, August 27, 2021

Catamaran Sail Boats

This past Sunday when we visited the area beaches
we stumbled upon these very cool...


Catamaran Sail Boats

parked up on the beach, I am not sure what they are for or why they were here.
I thought perhaps a sailing club.
They do have sailing classes for anyone who would like to participate,
but those classes leave from and finish up through the inlet.

The beaches were empty, gloomy...except for the surfers.

I think the man to the right was "rescued" by the lifeguard, but I'm not sure.
He was swimming on the surfing beach which is not allowed.
He was also very far out.
After blowing the whistle at him many times, the lifeguard went in and assisted him out.
It was unclear if he was in any duress and was smiling as he came out of the water.
The swim this lifeguard took in order to reach him was absolutely phenomenal.
Such a strong swimmer in a volatile ocean.

- the rough sea said to the shore, cease my roar -

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the photos of the boats. I am glad the swimmer was safe, thanks to the lifeguard.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful. I love it. Happy weekend.

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful photos. I do have to say, though, that it upsets me that people do not follow rules and often get other people in danger because of it. DUH...

betty said...

I think being a lifeguard is very hard work!

Such a nice display of catamarans! happy weekend!

Betty

Marie Smith said...

Quite a capable swimmer by the look of those muscles on the lifeguard. Oh…did I say that?

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your photograph of the Catamaran sail boats.

All the best Jan

Angie said...

Debbie - I agree with Latane - always concerning when others put people at risk, unnecessarily. Glad it was happy ending!

Conniecrafter said...

great pick of the boats all lined up, it is funny they were left like that. Maybe the guy was smiling because he was thankful or maybe he couldn't hear the lifeguard with the roar of the ocean in his ears.

Brian King said...

I've always thought catamarans were very cool looking boats. The lifeguard probably wasn't pleased if had to make the swim simply because the guy was ignoring him. LOL!