Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Yarn Along

 Last week I started my new fiber project...
I decided to crochet an infinity scarf because I knew it would go faster.
Quicker than the knitted Trellis Shawl that took me about 3 months, 
- way too long -

This will be an Infinity Scarf...
crocheted using the Alpine Stitch with yarn hand dyed by
Liz Alvino
100% Baby Alpaca Yarn called Beach Treasure.

I keep track of my projects in this book, in this way.
I have finished the first ball of yarn and I have just started the second.
It took me a while to get the hang of it, but with a lot of help from Liz, it's a breeze now!

Tuesday morning the sunrise looked like this.
I walked outside and this is the view from my pool area.
It's official, I am no longer sleeping in, these sunrises are just too spectacular to miss!

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,

The scarf looks pretty, I like the yarn. It looks soft. Your view of the sunrise is gorgeous, beautiful colorful sky!
Take care, have a happy day!

BeachGypsy said...

I love the last post with all the pretty wet colorful ducks!!--fun! Especially the one that was looking right directly at you.......so cute. You sure are getting some pretty sunrise pictures, I love them!

Kim said...

Why would you sleep in with sunrises like the ones that visit you.=) Your Infinity Scarf is going to be lovely.

Changes in the wind said...

Love the pattern of your scarf and what a great idea to keep a record of your projects. Yes, there is something very special about a sunrise and so glad you are enjoying it.

Marie Smith said...

Another beautiful project, Debbie. Love the colour.

Angie said...

Debbie - I was just commenting on another blog about the fun of "short" projects. Good for you to get up for the sunrise ... I would just open one eye, take a picture and crawl back into bed!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Your scarf is coming along great, Debbie and I agree with those sunrises, I wouldn't sleep in either!!...:)jp

Lowcarb team member said...

I have to agree - the sunrises are just spectacular.

All the best Jan

Sue (this n that) said...

Love the pattern and texture of this beautiful scarf Debbie.
Another fabulous sunrise xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, that purple is stunning!

Susie said...

Debbie, What a beautiful morning. I wish I could come crochet with you. It's been so long since I made anything. I like that you keep a record. We need to do that with everything, don't we? Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

The Padre said...

That Purple Skyline Is So Right Up Your Alley - Very Happy For You - Looking Forward To Following Along With This Craft Project - Stay Strong

Cheers

Conniecrafter said...

You always find the prettiest yarns, looks like a nice pattern too. How wonderful that sunrise is, no better way to start out the day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a lovely sunrise.

LeAnn said...

The Infinity Scarf looks lovely. I like the color and the yarn looks nice. I really need to try and get back to crocheting something. You are very organized; which is such a great trait.
The Sunset photos are spectacular and I like to save them.
Blessings and hugs!