Monday, November 30, 2020

Thanksgiving Remembered

 My days are all jumbled right now, since Mike left, I am trying to get back into my routine.
Since I am posting this so late, this will be my post for today and tomorrow, December 1st.
WoW!! Can you believe it is December already?
Mike and I decorated the house for Christmas, the hubs also helped, and just like that, 
the trees were lit and the garland hung and the house looks like a Christmas wonderland.
But before I can move on to Christmas,
 I must remember and share my memories of Thanksgiving.

Just the three of us, Thanksgiving was a day of joy and happiness.
The meal was pretty darn spectacular, if I must say so myself.
There isn't one picture of the table or the food, busy getting it together, 
I just did not think about it.
There is not one picture of Michael, I will try to do better at Christmas.

Our Thanksgiving Mix-Up game was a huge hit.
Mike = Champ
can be seen bottom right on Mike's card,
he was in fact the winner!

There was an answer sheet, I should have peaked at the answers,
which I could have done,
I came in third, only completing 7 of 14.
Mike had 9.

The boys enjoyed the Turkey scratch-offs,
both were winners with pumpkins!

This Thanksgiving word search was fun also.
Mike = Champ once again!

Our Crackers were fun.
The hubs got a shark puzzle, I got bowling, I cannot remember what Mike got.

Mike cleared the table and threw everything else out, 
good thing we were all still wearing our hats.
We each got a joke, and a card to write what we are thankful for,
Mike , I'm sure, did not realize that I save those things.


We all watched the parade together...that was so nice!!



While he was home there were a lot of games of Rack-o.
Mike kept winning, and I must admit, that I have never seen him smile quite that much!
Rack-o was introduced to us by Mike and it is probably my favorite game.



6 games of Scattergories
the hubs was the overall winner...and yes, I became the biggest loser!!


We played Uno too, a family favorite!
We had such a great week and Thanksgiving with Mike,
he will be back for Christmas and I can hardly wait!

19 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

That sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving. I like that you played games.. really great family time.
We hardly took any pictures either.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie
Sounds like a fun time with the family playing games. I like the word games. I am glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your son visiting. Take care, have a happy new week!

Rian said...

Sounds like you had a really nice Thanksgiving, Debbie. So glad you got to have your son there with you!

Susie said...

Debbie, Why did you let the boys win. LOL Tell Mike we all he's the champ. What a beautiful fun time you had. I couldn't stop giggling as Mike did not say he was champ he actually said Mike equals Champ. I loved it. Blessings to you and your husband, xoxo Susie
p.s. I now you house was probably quieter after the Champ left.

Terra said...

Your Thanksgiving looks like it was a lot of fun, I like the games you played. I think I will order some Christmas Crackers, the ones that you pull and they make a popping sound. We were three at Thanksgiving and had a fine day.

Jean said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Thanksgiving and visit with your son! Loved all the games you played! Priceless Memories!! Stay well and safe! Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

You guys enjoy your games!

Boud said...

You had a lot of fun with your Thanksgiving party. Great.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The games are so much fun when you have family of all ages! You had help getting decorations out too and that's nice! Enjoy your evening! You need a REST!

Marie Smith said...

Having that time with your son must have been a wonderful time for you both. It sounds like you had fun.

Kim said...

Debbie, your Thanksgiving sounds as if it was perfect. Games are always the best fun and a perfect way to fill the day. I can just imagine all the hilarity that happened amongst you three.

Brian King said...

Sounds like a great time! Times that always go by much too quickly. Glad you had fun!

Changes in the wind said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time together and the games sounded fun.

DeniseinVA said...

I agree, hard to believe it is December! I’m happy that you had such a great Thanksgiving. It all sounded a lot of fun and wonderful that you celebrated with Mike. Won’t be long before you see him again. Loved all the photos!

The Padre said...

Games And Small Thanksgivings - How Wonderful - Happy December

Cheers

Debbie said...

thanks jean...i hope you had a nice holiday as well!! stay safe and healthy, soon we will be back out on the adventures we both love!!

Conniecrafter said...

Glad you had a fabulous week with him, and that you have Christmas to look forward to also! I remember playing Rack-o when I was growing up, haven't played it much as an adult, Hubby isn't much of a board games, he is more for the electronic games.

LeAnn said...

I loved reading through this fun post. It sounds like such a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with your son. I love that he spent the time with you both and I love how you play games. I think that is such a wonderful family activity. Thanks for sharing! Yes, do get a photo of that son of yours at Christmas.
Blessings and hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds such a great week and Thanksgiving with Mike, I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your photographs.

It just doesn't seem possible that December is here!
Take care, my good wishes.

All the best Jan