Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Arrow Acres Farm

 The hubs was able to get away for a few hours on Saturday and asked me where I wanted to go?
I said I wanted to go out for lunch and to the farm, he said, no problem of course.
But lunch - out, we have not been doing that...but we were about to.
I knew where I wanted to go, 
they have outdoor seating with overhead tarps and it is a place I have written about before and love...


I had this Grilled Romaine Salad
Cider-Balsamic Dressing, Crisp Apples, Applewood Bacon, Red Onion, 
Hard Boiled Egg, Pecans and Blue Cheese
It was delicious!

The hubs had a Burger, I had 2 bites of it, it was delicious!
The fries too, the hubs shared, they were hot & so good, 

We arrived at the farm around 3 pm,
 but the alpacas were off schedule because of daylight savings time,
 they thought it was 4 pm, meaning they were all in the barns.
Don had to bribe them down to the fence with hay and carrots, that was easily done.

Four came...
they are so soft, squishy and sweet, I don't think I could love them more!









This is Peanut Butter Dickens, he has the sweetest, natural smile.




The Coop was open, I got to see Liz and I bought some beautiful yarn, I'll show you tomorrow!

16 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Those gorgeous faces. Love these creatures.

Changes in the wind said...

Ooh my that hamburger was HUGE!!! So glad you were able to have lunch and see the animals, they are so cute.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your lunch looks yummy. I would love the salad or the burger. The alpacas are so cute, Adorable critters. Your photos are wonderful. Take care, stay safe! Have a happy day!

Leanne Coppola said...

I'm sorry I missed you! Next time....

Anonymous said...

They are sweet. 😊

Ruth Hiebert said...

THose critters are so cute.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Both that salad and that burger and fries look tantalizing. As for the critters, I have to tell you that good friends of mine bought some young ones and had a rough time with them. They were not friendly at all!! However, I agree...they are so soft and cuddly!!...:)jp

Sally said...

I'm so glad y'all got to eat out for lunch, and wow does it all delish! :)

Always love to see the Alpacas, the cute one with the smile especially.

xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

I have never had a grilled salad before, the hamburger looks yummy :)
That is nice that you were still able to visit with them even if it took a little food to bribe them with, they are too cute.
I wonder if you had a pattern in mind when you bought the yarn :)
Glad you were able to get out and go!

Lowcarb team member said...

The food looks good. Here in England, UK we are in lockdown with pubs, cafes, restaurants all closed ... unless you get it to take-away! Looking forward to when we get back to some sort of normality!

I always enjoy seeing the Alpacas, great photographs.

Happy midweek wishes - well Wednesday will soon be here :)

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

What a fun adventure out. I'm sure it was delightful and you needed it. The food looked lovely. We have done takeout a few times but not indoor dining at this point.
Those animals are so beautiful. I would want to pet that fur for sure. Peanut Butter Dickens is adorable and I can see the smile. These were amazing photos. I'm so happy got to take your adventures to one ofyour favorite places.
Blessings and hugs!

Sally said...

(P.S. the armpits are back lol)

xoxo

The Padre said...

So Happy For The Two Of You - Also, Very Creative And Rather Impressive Christmas Gifts - Good On Ya

Cheers

BeachGypsy said...

ADORABLE animals--such sweet lil faces! Your lunch looked fantastic, I love big salads. The burger sure looked good too though! That farm is a fun place, glad you got to go

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

they are so cute Debbie adn I would have had your salad. Looked yummy

Brian King said...

They always make me laugh! The food looks fantastic - that burger!