Thursday, November 12, 2020

Farm Yarn

The best yarn comes from the Coop at Arrow Acres Farm 
"Farm Yarn"
When I visited last Saturday, Liz was kind enough to suggest a crochet pattern for me
and I picked out some of her hand died yarn,
"Beach Treasure"
wow, that's perfect for me and now that I am working with this yarn,
the name is perfect for the colors in the yarn.

Liz sent me a video, which I watched sooooooo many times....
if the woman in the video told me one more time how "easy" this was...
well, I would probably need a new phone, it was that irritating!

But I persevered, and practiced, crocheted, 
it was about 7 inches long when I decided I was ready to restart and move on to starting the "real" one.

Because of the mistakes I made in the first piece, I am counting my stitches in each row,
as I crochet or finish up.



I don't like my edges,
I am a very tight and neat, knitter/crocheter, the edges look sloppy.

It looks a bit like a basketweave, the name of the pattern is
Crochet Alpine Stitch/Beginner.

I am excited to "really" get going on this.
I finally understand the pattern completely and it is super simple.
It just takes me a while.

14 comments:

Sally said...

You are a master at crochet; I've long forgotten how.

Beautiful color.

xoxo

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The yarn is pretty, I like the colors. Your seaglass is pretty too. Good luck with your crocheting. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great weekend ahead!

Lowcarb team member said...

I agree with Eileen as well as the yarn your sea glass is pretty :)

Happy Thursday Wishes.

All the best Jan

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I love that crochet pattern Debbie! It is awesome! I'm going to see if I can find it here..:)jp

MarmePurl said...

Well done, as always.

Rian said...

Hi Debbie! Like the yarn... looks a bit heavier than I've been using. I'm still working on my crochet basket weave afghan. (I'm very slow and pull out several times when I don't get the size square I want). But I'm in no hurry, so it doesn't matter. My pattern uses FPdc and BPdc... and that's pretty much it. What size hook are you using?

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have no doubt that you will end up with a beautiful piece.

Anonymous said...

Laughed at how easy it is.

Marie Smith said...

It will be beautiful as always when you get going, Debbie. You do beautiful work!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Beautiful yery Debbie

BeachGypsy said...

That is so pretty and so is the sea glass you put beside it!! Cant believe you said the edges were sloppy.....it sure looks great to me!!

Susanne said...

Beautiful yarn, and the consistency of your crochet is just marvelous.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous colors in this, right up your alley :) I had to laugh at the phone thing, I have wanted to throw my phone a couple times myself, LOL trying to learn things, the older I am getting the harder I think I am having too. You are doing a great job with the stitching now!

LeAnn said...

I love the colors and I think you have the stitch down. It's been awhile since I have crocheted but I like the pattern. I really shouldn't talk about starting up again; I should just do it. You are inspiring.
Blessings and hugs!