Monday, November 9, 2020

Needle Punching...Getting It Done

 I finished up the Needle Punching Christmas Ornaments that I have been working on.
They are a breeze to finish up, I will share with you the easy, peasy, 
step by step directions so you can see the process.

You will first need Mod Podge Fabric Glue...

and some entertainment...
I choose to listen to my favorite fiber girls, Leanne and Liz
their Podcast, Cocktail Hour at the Coop  is amazing!
I have tried several times to get the video to start at the beginning, 
but it just wants to start in the middle...you can always drag the red line backward to the beginning.
If you just want to listen to them say wonderful things about me,
go to the 29:45 minute mark and you can hear all the kind things they say about me.
Non-sponsored but I have offered to pay them to do this!!
* wink *
I love theses girls!


The fabric glue is used to coat the back of the needle punch,
to seal in all of the little strings so they never pull out.


I make little cuts like these...and fold them over, 
whoops - I forgot to take a picture!

I was so happy to find these plain wood ornaments at Michaels On-line here,
I paid $ 9.99 for a package of 6, now they are on sale, 6 for $ 5.99.
But in my search just now, I found the ones I really wanted here.

Here they are all finished up...
I still have to finish the Santa's, I have not decided what I want to do with them.
I can either try to mount them on this wood ornament, they just fit,
or stuff them which was my intention when I made them.

I aways put my initials (df) on the back of them with the year I made it.

                                                  This is the last one,  I am finishing this one up right now.

My Trellis Shawl is washed and laying flat to dry.
No pins were needed!

14 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

Those ornaments are darling.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The ornaments are so pretty and I think stuffing them just a little would look nice too. You are so good at whatever you do! You are artsy and crafty! I like to think I am too....but I haven't done many creative things lately! I better get busy!

Marie Smith said...

You are a true blue crafter. Great work.

Sally said...

How cute! I love these, Debbie. Wish I had a tad of what you
have to be crafty again. :)

xoxo

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Debbie thank you for sharing the process with us and you must have the patience of a saint!!!...:)jp

Hena Tayeb said...

Such pretty ornaments.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As I was scrolling through this post, my granddaughter looked over my shoulder. Her comment was, 'Oh, That’s pretty.'

Buttons alias Grace said...

It is so pretty. Great idea.

Jenn said...

Those look great! I used those same wood ornaments for my own craft last year. :)

Conniecrafter said...

those are too cute, neat that you found those wood ornaments to put them on. I did not know they had fabric mod podge, I use to use fabric glue on mine. Your shawl looks perfect!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

very original decorations Debbie Well crafted

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Lowcarb team member said...

They are lovely, well done.
Your shawl looks good too.

All the best Jan

LeAnn said...

Those ornaments look adorable and I love the tutorial on how you do some of it. It does look like a fun project. Your shawl is beautiful and please remember to model it.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!