Monday, November 2, 2020

What's Going On...

 Well, guys and gals, not too much going on around here!
Halloween was kind of quiet, my door bell never rang until we sat down to eat supper,
literally...
a few seconds after the second forkful of food hit my mouth, it rang again.
I love answering the door on Halloween, 
seeing all the bright faces on the little ones in their costumes...
but no one says trick or treat anymore, is that taboo? 

We have one full box of candy left, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, 
the hubs favorite so that won't be a problem.

The rain finally stopped and we had a gorgeous full moon on Halloween.


Sunday morning I was up early and happen to catch this beautiful sunrise
with so much purple in it.
I think mother nature is bringing me beautiful surprises since I have not been out much.
The rain certainly didn't help, we are suppose to have great weather all week.
Cooler that usual temperatures, but lot's of sunshine!


A few days ago,
I asked the hubs to stop for a loaf of bread if he had time...
In addition, there is always something extra,
he came home with a box of White Fudge covered Oreo's.
I don't have much of a sweet tooth but upon his insistence, 
I tried one and these are really good.

The next day, he came home with 4 boxes,
He is so cute saying they are 
"Limited Edition"
"and who knows if we will be able to get them again".
ooooooooh the logic.

He also had these,
so pretty and perfect for Autumn.

I made this Home Chef Meal for dinner last night, it was so good.
Pot Roasted Chicken with Pearl Onions and Demi-Glaze, Mashed Potatoes and 
Carrots with Butter and Brown Sugar 

After a long, hard day of work, the hubs sure does enjoy coming home to these delicious meals.
This one was awesome...my comments are not sponsored,
but if Home Chef would like to sponsor my comments and reviews,
I would be all for it!

Have a great day everyone!

20 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I’ve never cooked pearl onions like that. They look so delicious. I am an onion lover.

Beautiful sunrise. Glad the rain is over. Hope you can enjoy some of the nice weather this week finally.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie

Great capture of the Moon, your sunrise was beautiful. The colors are stunning. The cookies sound yummy. Your meals look delicious too. It is cold and very windy here today. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Wow!
The flowers are lovely. Dinner looks very appetizing and delicious. I admire the spectacular sunrise.
Hugs and greetings.
Lucja

Boud said...

That's a treat in every way! Good, flowers, nature.
Have you ever trained your telescope on the moon to observe birds flying st night? It's amazing how many you will see flying across the view of the moon. I always thought birds rested at night, but in fact they're active.

Yvonne said...

You have a sweet husband. Mine will buy ten of something when I only need one because it's on sale :) Your dinner looks so gourmet and delicious. I miss all the beautiful sunsets I saw when I traveled and worked. There are so many houses in the suburbs, and my yard has so many trees, the only sky I see is what is above me unless I venture out further. All your photos are so lovely.

Farm Girl said...

How nice. Wow that sky is gorgeous. We had trick or treaters for the first time in 20 years. They were all the nicest kids. Such cutie pies. It was so much fun.

Rian said...

Love your pictures! Have never tried the white chocolate covered oreos - although I do like the thin golden ones.

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Sally said...

Well, for you saying not much going on; it looks like much more than here. :)

The moon was beautiful, glad you took a photo as I'd forgotten.

The flowers are beautiful, and Chuck? The cookies? Sounds like a good story. LOLOL

xoxo

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet your hubby is and I know he appreciates everything you do! Life feels so much better with a good meal at dinnertime! I still haven't found the onion rings by the brand we both like. I tried another brand...not that great! My hubby would like these cookies! Oh...and flowers? How sweet is that!!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That purple sunrise is awesome. My stomach is hungry so that food together with the smell of a pork roast in my slow cooker, are driving me nuts. I need food!!!!!

Susie said...

Love the pictures Debbie. Oh your man is too cute. LOL. It's nice that you fixed him that great dinner. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

The Furry Gnome said...

I understand his logic perfectly!

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos of the sunrise and moon! Great colors! I'll have to look for those Oreo's - I kinda like them myself. :-)

Hena Tayeb said...

What gorgeous moon we have had. So glad the rain finally stopped to give us a dry Halloween.
The meal looks great. That sounds like my husband.. thankfully he doesn't go grocery shopping too often.

Changes in the wind said...

Wonderful pictures of the moon, sunrise, flowers and dinner. Such treat to enjoy.

Leanne Coppola said...

You will be happy to know that our kids YELL Trick or Treat! And then YELL THANK YOU!!!! LOL. That sunrise!!! Wow! and your meals look so yummy. I was going to make home made mashed potatoes this week. I always think of you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous photograph of the Moon.
The colours in the sunrise are beautiful, such amazing colours.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

We did not hand out candy this year, they wanted you to do it in a way that you were not near the kids and I just wasn't in the mood to figure something out, I don't think many did in our area.
Wow what an awesome sunrise to wake up too, we had one the other day that was quite beautiful but it always comes up over our neighbors house, not the best for picture taking. I have not tried those cookies, your hubby sounds like mine when it comes to limited edition goodies :)

LeAnn said...

Wow, you do have a talent for getting beautiful sunrises and sunsets. These photos are beyond spectacular. I'm saving them again.
Ok, I think my hubby is like yours when it comes to logic. Those white fudge covered Oreos look delicious. They are my husband's favorite. He is a pre-diabetic so he has to be careful on this one. The flowers are lovely. I think you are loved deeply.
Your meal looked delicious.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!