Saturday, November 28, 2020

Saturday Critters ~ 363 ~

 Youngest son Michael has left...the house is quiet and I miss him already.
Yesterday, he went for a ride with his Dad, to Lakewood, so he could see the buildings.
I stayed behind to start dinner, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, 
white corn and carrots, all of Mikes favorites.
After I finished preparing things, I took the camera out, I opened the office window,
and this Male Cardinal landed on the "picture branch".






He was bright and beautiful, sharing every angle of his brilliant body.
I will see he and the Mrs. all winter long.
They are always such a bright spot among the trees.

Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The Cardinal is beautiful. His red color and the green pine your photos remind of the Christmas colors. Gorgeous photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Marie Smith said...

What a glorious bird he is. Great captures, Debbie.

Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Susie said...

Debbie, I hope you got plenty of hugs from your young fellow. Love the bird pictures. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

BeachGypsy said...

Beautiful bautiful bright cardinal pictures, love them. So glad Michael got to come be with y'all on the holiday, hope you had a wonderful visit, I am sure you did! Hope y'all are having a real nice weekend and getting out for a drive somewhere fun, i know WE ARE!!! LOL HUGS, MY FRIEND.

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got a friendly Cardinal there!

Linda said...

He's a beauty!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Superb closeups Debbie. Have a great Sunday and week ahead.

Ela said...

Wow ! Such a beauty ! I love his hairstyle!
Greetings

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

The Cardinal is a lovely bird. Unfortunately, it does not exist in my country. Debbie as always perfect photos.
Happy Advent.
Hugs and greetings from far Poland.
Lucja

Conniecrafter said...

They are such beauties, I love the little mask they wear :)

Brian King said...

Very handsome! We are presently getting snow. I love seeing cardinals in the snow!

Penelope Notes said...

What a pretty living ornament for the trees! It would be rare to see this particular bird in my neck of the woods.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I knew it! These birds are trained to pose for you. 😊 Gorgeous pictures.

LeAnn said...

What a stunning bird this Cardinal is. Amazing photos today and I love how he poses for you.
Blessings and hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs of the Cardinal :)

All the best Jan