Thursday, November 5, 2020

Getting Out...

I have seen pictures on-line that the Wood Duck is back at 
Lake the Lilies
We got a late start on Tuesday to see if we could find him and by the time we got to the lake,
the sun had shifted, the clouds taken over and I could not tell if he was there or not.
I was so disappointed, I had not been out in days and if I must be honest,
I sulked a little.
The hubs suggested we take a ride to the inlet, only a few minutes away, 
he took me even though I continued to sulk.

We only stayed a few minutes and saw just two boats, this was one of them.

Mimi VI


As we came over the bridge on our way home, the sky looked like this!
A shelf cloud?
I did a little research but things are so technical that I'm not sure completely.

Once home,
I was sitting on the couch watching the news, the front door was shut.
But I could see just a hint of this and something whispered in my ear to get up and check it out.
It looked exactly like this, I have not altered these pictures in any way.

Talk about mother nature bringing sweet surprises right to me...
it was a spectacular, take your breath away sunset for sure!

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views from the inlet. I love the sky captures, the last photo is stunning. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

I’ll say! Wow. Spectacular. Nature sent a reminder not to despair. The levels of colour are gorgeous. Wonder if the shelf cloud you saw was responsible for it.

Changes in the wind said...

Sorry you weren't able to find the boat you were looking for but it all turned out okay and the sunset pictures are amazing, truly amazing.

R's Rue said...

❤️😀💛

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Dear Debbie!
Spectacular sunset. Great photos!!!
Hugs and greetings.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Good old Mother Nature, Debbie...she always surprises us with something!!!...:)jp

Susie said...

Debbie, Our skies are full of wonder. I love looking and getting pictures. Got to take them quick as the clouds will change so fast . Blessings to you and your husband. xoxo, Susie

Lowcarb team member said...

Nature can provide such beauty, the colours in the sky are majestic :)

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh my word!!! That is absolutely stunning.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! Truly spectacular!

DeniseinVA said...

Gosh, that shelf cloud is stunning. I have never seen one like this before. I'm glad you sulked, we got some great photos because of it, lol! Seriously though Debbie, your photos are gorgeous and please thank your hubby for me too :)

LeAnn said...

Wow, I am so happy you got the blessing of a stunning sunset. Those photos are spectacular. I'm saving them. I liked the boat photo and the one bird too. I love that you do get out here and there. Being home all the time is the pits. I keep busy, but I do enjoy every moment we can get out of our home for a while. Our weather has been beautiful so we have tried to be out a little more.
Blessings and hugs!

Kim said...

Such glorious skies Mother Nature has gifted you; astonishing really.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how stunning!

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry you missed the ducks but I do like the way God will bring something to our day after we have been disappointed about missing another thing. Wow that was one amazing sunset, glad you decided to get up and check it out!

Brian King said...

Fantastic clouds! That is great color, too! The gull seems a bit insulted you were more interested in finding a Wood Duck than him. :-)

Jenn said...

WOW!! Those sunsets!