Thursday, April 11, 2019

Needle Punching

I really like this, new to me, craft!


I made 2 of each, the Santa, Snowflake and Snowman
These are worked in an embroidery hoop.






Once you finish and slip your weavers cloth out of the hoop, 
you cut it to follow the shape of your work,
in this case, a circle.
The directions said to cut the cloth 1 1/2 inches around 
but I found that to be too much fabric to work with.
I cut it about 1/4 inch around from my finished work and that worked better.


I used Mod Podge Fabric Glue on the back,
applied to the entire area so it holds all your thread ends
and so it sticks well to the ornament you are mounting it on.


Glue applied, edge tucked in.


These four are done.


I'm not sure what I am going to do with the Santa's.
They can either be backed and stuffed making them ornaments,
or I could fill in the background with a design and frame them.


Be sure and put your initials on the back, 
my initials are, d & f, I have always combined them in this way for my craft work.
The year is always important too.

I previously wrote about needle punching here and here.

If anyone is interested in this craft, I found this video to be helpful in explaining how it is done.
This video was excellent as well.
The boys are using yarn but the concept and technique is exactly the same!
And how cool is it to see "boys" crafting?

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Beautiful ornaments, Debbie.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, they are really cute. I like all three designs. Wishing you a happy day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What cute designs and how fun to learn something new! I don't dare try anything else right now! But this is something I've never done either. LOVE the snowflake and your tips of finishing them. My sons have done all kinds of crafts...one of them is quite good at cross stitch too and enjoys it! Hugs!

Changes in the wind said...

The snowman is my favorite and I enjoyed watching the video.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

These are so beautiful Debbie and you shall have to show us them on your Christmas tree later on.

Kim said...

I love your ornaments, Debbie, they are fabulous!

Conniecrafter said...

You are doing a great job on these and getting a lot done, I have never used mine for ornaments before. When I clicked on the video's they both seem to be the same video, no boy in them?

Debbie said...

thanks for pointing that out connie, i messed up, but i did fix it!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you are enjoying this.
Love the designs.

All the best Jan