Monday, April 29, 2019

Cherry Blossoms and Tulips

One day I would like to get in the car, 
go for a random drive and photograph all of the spring blooming trees.
Every year I say that and I never do it.
The house next door has 2 beautiful Royal Japanese Cherry Trees that are blooming right now!

Flowers that look much like carnations.

This is the view, when you stand under the tree and look up!!





Next up are the tulips the hubs planted last year on Thanksgiving,
he planted 300 in all!

These were so pretty and they did not last long enough.

Not all of the tulips were open when I took this picture,
this became much prettier, especially when the sun was out.
I don't know why I never took another picture,
I kept thinking I had already photographed them and did not need another one.

There were a lot more in the center garden in the front yard,
I never got a good picture when everyone was blooming.
I was a total fail for tulip picture taking this year,
except when we went to 
Holland Ridge Tulip Farm
there I got some awesome pictures that I will share on Thursday!

17 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All of the blooms are very spectacular and I am sure uplifting. Perhaps you enjoy the tulips even more knowing that they are short lived.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the blossoms are beautiful. Those trees are gorgeous in bloom. I love your pretty tulips too. Lovely images. Happy Monday, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My goodness, those pink blossoms are like a little bit of heaven. And your tulips are beautiful too. That is my only complaint about tulips...that they do not last long. Right now I am crocheting an afghan but I also knit and cook and eat!

Marie Smith said...

Glorious! Incredible photos!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Every day needs tulips.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that tree is just stunning, love the flowers it has on it, Hubs is so awesome that he does all that planting, they look great! I don't have that much energy but it has a stunning result. I forgot to take pictures of our tree out back when it was in bloom, so I am not much better, at least you got some!

Sandi said...

Ahh...so much beauty!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous! That is some awesome pink! The tulips are beautiful!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful blossom and tulips.
This is such a wonderful time of year, I love the Spring season.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love that tree covered in pink blossoms.Oh, and I love the Tulips as well.

Judy said...

I love standing under a tree like that--especially if a slight breeze comes along and showers those blossoms down on me.
The sunny Tulips--such a nice respite after our hard winter.

Karen Lakis said...

I'm not sure I would call your tulip picture taking a total fail - your tulips look beautiful! And goodness - your neighbor's tree - so pretty!

LeAnn said...

I think your Tulip photos are lovely. Your neighbors tree is beautiful and loved all of those photos and I will snag a few.
You are amazing at the flower picture taking thing.
Blessings and hugs!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

The pink blossom is fabulous and I love all the Tulips round your garden

italiafinlandia said...

Fantastic!

Angie said...

Debbie - gorgeous pictures from start to finish! 300 bulbs - wow, that was a labor of love! Happy Spring to you!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Gorgeous trees your neighbor has....I love seeing them . And the beautiful tulips..they are exotic and rarely seen flowers for me. (Memories!)