Tuesday, April 2, 2019

When One Door Closes...

another one opens!

I'm sure you have heard that phrase, certainly we all have!
If you follow my blog, 
you know the birds are missing in action at my back yard feeders.
Yesterday, I stood by the front door, looking out...
and what to my wondering eyes did appear...
a pair of sparrows building a nest in my beautiful bird house, 
right next to the front door.

The hubs bought me this beautiful bird house, for my birthday.
Made from all recycled materials,
it came with an informational booklet describing where each piece came from.

This is the Female House Sparrow

She bounced from the garden wall to the azalea bushes,


keeping a watchful eye on the nest in the birdhouse!


Mr. House Sparrow was gathering nesting material,
but he too kept a watchful eye on the Mrs. and the nest!

Things are really looking up around here!

15 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

It will be wonderful later on to see the baby's emerge

Kim said...

Why, if I was a little House Sparrow, I too would build my nest in your beautiful bird house. I am so happy for you. I can feel your excitement over this most wonderful event.

Karen Lakis said...

It’s awesome that the sparrows are using your beautiful bird house! You got some fantastic photos!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

swooooooooooooooooooooooooon

I wish I could draw house finches around here

maybe too many bluebirds ... and owls

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your birdhouse is so pretty. The Sparrows have a beautiful home to raise a family. Enjoy your day!

Changes in the wind said...

Love that bird house and who wouldn't want to have babies there:) Will be a fun event.

Marie Smith said...

It’s a beautiful new house for the two! They’ll be moved in before you know it.

21 Wits said...

Wow, now that is a perfect birthday gift for you, it's wonderful and I especially like the fact that it's made from other things, and that it details the history of each piece. Priceless!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I love that bird house. How perfect.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are so kind to the House Sparrows. Around my place they will not be allowed to nest in any housewife I can help it.They have become nuisance birds here.Yes, I know they are still birds and the odd time I find myself actually taking a picture of one. Enjoy your 'house guests'.

Sandi said...


:)

Conniecrafter said...

I had birds make a nest in the bird house I had and then the next thing you know the bees invaded it and so no more birds have used it. I wish something would scare away all our starlings and black birds, but at least the little birds are going right along side them :) It will be fun to watch the little ones when they are ready to fly the coop:)

Brian King said...

Probably the coolest house on the block! Beautiful photos! Oh, and just about the time I mentioned we hadn't had a hawk problem, there was one in the yard yesterday looking for food.

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks such a lovely bird house.
Really nice photographs Debbie, it will be lovely to see the babies.

All the best Jan

Farm Girl said...

How nice you have lodgers now!