Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blue Jays Love Peanuts.....

who knew!!!! I put some shelled peanuts out this morning for my buddy the squirrel and the blue jays went wild. I did not know that blue jays LOVE peanuts!!

action shot....holding on tight!!!!

he has it in his mouth, but never swallows it....
perhaps he's saving it for later!!!!

keeping an eye on me.......

what a beautiful bird.....
last one....these peanuts were gone in just a few minutes....
and my buddy the squirrel got zero!!!!!

soooooo I went back out with some more peanuts.......

and my little buddy, whom I love....
finally found them!!!!!
I think he is smiling and eating at the same time!!!!!! 
love the position of those little feet!!!!!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

ha ha! robbing jays! poor squirrel! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Blue Jays love peanuts.They also like to hide many in hopes of finding them later.

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much for visiting my place. You have a lovely site. I look forward to reading. Bonnie