Thursday, April 28, 2011

Longwood Gardens!!!!

On Tuesday, we visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pa. If you have never been, it is absolutely a must see. It was a gorgeous day, a few much needed clouds, 85 degrees, the weather could not have been better!!

Chuck and I......
I love the white dogwood in the background!!!


Can you say "tulips"?!?!


This is a great tree for a picture!!!!!


















Stopping for a much needed rest......
I used a scooter, so Chuck had quite the challenge keeping up with me for a change!!!








This waterfall is next to The Chimes Tower.


beautiful waterfall!!!!!


Beautiful, Chimes Tower, built in 1929.


They have lot's of benches along all the walking paths!!!

We just had the best day ever.....everything was perfect. We converted our day admission tickets to season passes. Now for one year, we can enjoy the gardens in every season. That was a great decision!!! Tomorrow I will share all the single bloom, up close shots we took!!! All of these pictures were taken with my old Cannon, point and shoot.

5 comments:

LBB said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing this! Its been chilly & rainy here. This is just what I needed to remind me its spring!!

TexWisGirl said...

they're all beautiful! what a lovely place! glad you got season tickets so we can share in it every season too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful gardens.What really catches my eyes,are the pictures of a couple enjoying time together.These times are so special.

Sharon M said...

Looks beautiful! I will have to check it out someday.

Adrienne said...

I grew up outside of Phili, and went to Longwood Gradens often as a child. Visiting my dad this weekend, maybe I can talk him into it!! (also noticed you lived on the jersey shore...which is where I grew up vacationing in the summers!)