Thursday, April 21, 2011

Surprise....Surprise!!!!!

I barely had my eyeballs open this morning when I spotted this.........

Male Yellow-Rumped Warbler!!!!

I got sooooo excited....I couldn't find the camera, was worried he would fly off, remembered I wasn't dressed as I was hanging out at the window.....oooohhhh boy, I was totally NOT prepared. Most of the shots are blurry as my eyes were still asleep but these are not too bad!!! I have never seen one of these before, it seems they travel in pairs, I have a few of his mate also, she is not as pretty.

This bird was with him, I thought it was the female but as I look through my bird book I am not so sure.

???? No yellow on this one ????

This birds coloring is very similar but without the yellow markings. It seemed they were traveling together!!!

I am posting this last very blurry picture to show how much yellow he has......

Yellow patches in front of each wing, a patch of yellow on top of his head and at his tail.
I wish the pictures were better, this is one beautiful bird!!!!!
Any thoughts on the partner???

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i'm wondering if it might be an immature male or one that hasn't fully colored out yet. ?? no idea. we get these in fall and early spring passing thru but rarely get to see their full color. yippee for you!

Bonnie said...

You don't think it is the female? The female's are always rather dull so they can protect the nest without drawing attention to themselves. I love to see the colorful birds.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think that other bird is a female Yellow-rumped Warbler.

Kerri Farley said...

Outstanding! It's always Wonderful to see a new bird!!