Monday, February 14, 2011

It's Valentine's Day!!!!

Not only was today Valentine's Day, it was sunny and 60 degrees, a great day for a walk on the beach in Spring Lake.....

Chuck and I
February 14, 2011

We always use the timer for these pictures and take them ourselves. Today was sooo windy, the camera took a topple and landed in the sand. A very kind passer by, who witnessed the mishap, interrupted her jog to take this one for us. Thank you jogger lady....I love this one!!!!


me..........

Chuck.......

We took a very long stroll on the beach, searching for sea glass and shells. The pickins were slim, but it was still tons of fun. We found a ton of tiny, unbroken shells and only 3 pieces of sea glass.


shells...........

We had a half hour to kill before our 4 p.m. dinner reservation so we decided to visit Chuck's favorite chocolate shop in town. On the way, we passed the Scone Pony, the cutest little bakery I think I have ever seen. I persuaded Chuck to back up and park the car so we could get a closer look. Adorable, just adorable. 

cute sign.........

see the front door is open......

The front door was open but there was a big sign in the window that said "we will reopen on February 17th. What....the door is open and the smell delightful, how could they possibly be closed!!! Of course, in I went with my cute little apologetic smile inquiring as to the wonderful odor coming form the bakery. The sweet owner behind the counter was baking and testing recipes, getting ready for their opening on the 17th. She "insisted" we sample the cookies......they were warm and freshly sprinkled with powdered sugar....divine. Then she bagged some sample scones for us to take with....score, I was one happy valentine!!!!


free scones..........

Finally, it was time for dinner. We drove to the Black Trumpet in Spring Lake and spent about 20 minutes parking the car....long story, don't ask!!!!!

The waitress took this picture as soon as we were seated.....


my hunny and me......

My dinner was really good....Chuck's not so good. It's really a shame, the chicken here is usually awesome, tonight it was very dry.


my lobster frapaccino.....

Chuck's grilled caesar salad........

my yummy crab cakes.......

Chuck's Chicken
A+ for presentation....
F for taste....sorry Chuck.....

Desert was a no-can-do. Plus we had scones and chocolate for later........

  
outside temperature
60 degrees in February!!!!!

oooohhhhh and someone thinks I rock....in purple!!!!!!!

my handmade valentine I made for Chuck
since I can not drive, I have no alone time to buy him one......

inside......
I took a card from a prior valentine's day, cut it up, added ribbon & pictures
and it was like a new card!!!!

the pretty card Chuck bought for me....

inside....it is a big one,
with a beautiful message!!!!!

No comments: