Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cappuccino Mousse Trifle

Cappuccino Mousse Trifle

No baking required, this goes together in less then 20 minutes and is delish!!

Cappuccino Mousse Trifle

1 (16 ounces) frozen prepared pound cake
2 1/2 cups cold milk
1/3 cup instant coffee granules
2 packages (3.4 ounces each) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
2 containers (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 square (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate for baking

1. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; set aside. (I leave the cake frozen, divide it in thirds & then cube it, it cuts easier & no guessing on 1/3 as you are putting it together).

2. In a bowl, whisk milk and instant coffee granules. Let stand 5 minutes or until dissolved.

3. Pour 1 cup of the milk mixture in to a measuring cup; set aside. Add pudding mix to remaining milk mixture in bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Gently fold in one container of whipped topping.

4. To assemble trifle, place 1/3 of the cake cubes into bottom of a bowl. Pour 1/3 of the reserved milk mixture evenly over cake cubes. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture, pressing lightly. Grate 1/4 of the chocolate over pudding mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving the remaining grated chocolate for garnish.

5. Fill a decorator with 1 cup of the remaining whipped topping; set aside. Spread remaining whipped topping over entire top of trifle, creating a smooth surface. Decorate by piping rosettes around edge of bowl. Grate remaining chocolate in center; sprinkle with cinnamon. (I don't do the rosette thing, I just spread the cool whip on top AND I use a bit more chocolate then the recipe calls for.)




7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that trifle is stunning. I bet this is always a big hit with everyone. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your delicious trifle up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Lisa...thank you soooo much for the kind comment. I love your blog and would love to link my recipe but I don't know how. Feel free to copy it if you would like. I will try to do it again tomorrow. xo

Susan said...

Hi Debbie, this looks like our kind of yummylicious dessert! We love coffee for a start... can't wait to try it. Thank you :D)

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Yum! I think I just gained 5 pounds it looks so good!

Jessica said...

This looks delicious!! And so pretty in the trifle bowl - thank you for sharing!

Ellie said...

This looks and sounds absolutely yummy. Glad you lead me to it.

Adrienne said...

Yummy! Planning a party just so I can try this out! Will keep you posted...and have to buy a pretty glass serving dish...but I'm gonna make it happen!