Saturday, September 7, 2024

Saturday Critters #560

 I have had a wonderful critter week...with each sighting being memorialized with at least 30 pictures.
Don't worry, I am not going to make you view all of them!

I saw several of this next shore bird at Lake of the Lilies, I am not sure they are all the same.


All of the following images are young Gulls.
Many thanks to Eileen and Anu for helping me to identify these young gulls.





Next up are photographs of the the 2 young swans I have been following since birth.


I was so happy to see both of them, still alive and still thriving.
I thought they would be white by now, I should google how long that takes.

It was super difficult to get a picture of momma...I spoke to her but she did not come to the shoreline.
I was surprised.


They stay close to one another, I hope I will still recognize them once they turn white.


Sharing today's images with Eileen at 
Viewing Nature With Eileen 
for Saturday Critters

14 comments:

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Hopping over from Eileen's link party. How exciting to follow and photograph two cygnets! I didn't realize they were brown for so long either. It's a beautiful color. Swans always seem so elegant! -Marci @ Old Rock Farmhouse

BeachGypsy said...

Love the pictures especially the pretty SWANS!!!--- what cute youngsters! Hope yall are having a great weekend

Anu said...

Hello. To me the bird looks like a baby/young seagull, but I don't know the birds in your area. Great photos of swans.
Take care.

Shiju Sugunan said...

The shorebirds are particularly interesting. The photos are beautiful. It's great to hear that the young swans are doing well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Debbie,
The first few photos are photos of a juvenile Gull, did you post the wrong photos. Sorry, it is not a sandpiper. I do love the Swans the young ones are growing fast. Great photos, they are all beautiful. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to shore birds, but Eileen to the rescue, she does know her shore birds. They are all beautiful though!

DrumMajor said...

Interesting how Mama Swan is still hovering over her big baby swans. Linda in Kansas

Debbie said...

nope!!! i am obviously "green" when identifying birds!! thanks to anu and eileen...i will update the pictures!!

Debbie said...

thanks so much, you are right!! i don't identify well and i think i wanted them to be sandpipers!

Marie Smith said...

So many young birds around these days. Love them! Great photos, Debbie.

Jeanie said...

Oh lovely. The little ones are charmers!

R's Rue said...

Lovely. So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

Beautiful photos. It will be interesting to see if you recognize the swans after they fully mature. I think you probably will.

Conniecrafter said...

so neat to watch the swans grow up, I love the first pic with the birds leg lifted, it always amazes me when I see that!