Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Up On The Boardwalk

Most people visit the boardwalk at night, my family did when I was younger.
But visiting during the day is kinda' fun, there are less crowds and it is still quite colorful.
Some of the rides are the same as when I was a kid, remember I grew up here, a few have changed.
I never went on any rides that spun me around, and never a roller coaster.
Here the rides are pretty tame...I always loved the bumper cars.












The hubs...havin' fun!


We ate at the Lobster House, right up on the boardwalk,
we had a tiny crack of a view of the ocean.
The placemat was great reading material while we waited for dinner.


The bread came and I was sure I died and went to heaven.
The hubs does not like garlic so this was all for me.
What I did not eat before the meal came home with me, 
and when I tell you it was the best part of the meal, it was!

I ordered a Lobster Roll, it looks great right?
The lobster was so rubbery and had no flavor, I think now it had been frozen.
To their credit, the fries were hot, but over seasoned, I only ate one... 
the cole slaw was amazing.


The hubs ordered Fried Shrimp.
The shrimp were frozen, the waitress told us so, his fries were hot and they were not seasoned.

If one of the rides I pictured here was a childhood favorite, let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Bummer on the lobster roll. Maybe sending it back might have helped? Or traded it for all coleslaw? Something was weird in the kitchen if hubby's french fries had no seasoning. Just get two garlic breads next time. Linda in Kansas

acorn hollow said...

so sorry about your lobster roll. you can not use frozen lobster in a sandwich. I don't like frozen lobster anyway.
cathy

eileeninmd said...

Fun photos from the boardwalk, the season is slowing down.
Your meals look delicious, I would like both choices.
Take care, have a great day!

Marie Smith said...

You had me at roasted garlic, Debbie! It is so good! Haven’t cooked any lately and we recently harvested garlic from the garden. Yummy! Love it with pasta and we have garden tomatoes! Heaven!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The bread and garlic were apparently the best part of your mail, Debbie. I haven't had a lobster roll all season and we live in New England now, but there's still time. The boardwalk attractions are so colorful and I don't have a favorite because I was never a rides fan, just like to watch others on them.

Conniecrafter said...

I could not go on rides when I was a kid, I have suffered all my life with motion sickness, and now I have to endure Vertigo. I have never seen garlic bread done that way, looks interesting :)