Tuesday, January 23, 2024

What's Going On...

 The house is all abuzz with small victories and fun happenings.

I finished the hat I was knitting for my nieces husband Juan. 
I will ship it to New Zealand as they have returned home.

I started to knit my first ever sweater.
I have been knitting for about 10 years now and I have never made a sweater.
My knitting teacher Leanne, who is now my good friend, has decided it is time and I agree.
This sweater "The Weekender" is started in 2 pieces and is knit from the bottom up.
I joined the two pieces yesterday and I am now knitting one cohesive piece in the round.

Look at the cover of this Better Homes and Gardens Magazine
encouraging us to "let our creativity bloom".
I can't wait to dig in to this issue.

I saw these footprints in the snow and thought they may belong to a deer.
I sent this picture to my expert friend Liz and she told me they were rabbit tracks.
- wrong answer -
I really wanted those to be deer tracks and to know a deer might be hanging around in the yard.

My KC Chiefs won Sunday night and are one step closer to winning the AFC Championship,
and playing in the Super Bowl.
I did not take any pictures, I was knitting and watching...and it was an exciting game.

Last night's sunset was so pretty, thank you Liz for sending me a text telling me to look.

My Paperwhites are in full bloom...

they look radiant and the whole house smells amazing.

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

The flowers are pretty, I wish I could smell their scent.
Beautiful sunset. I saw two bunnies in our yard yesterday, I hope they are finding food in the snow. I am looking forward to seeing your sweater, I like the yarn. The hat is pretty. Take care, have a great day!

Alicia said...

I love posts like these, so much pretty!! The hat turned out great and I'm sure your sweater will as well. Love the color you are using. I'm in the middle of a crocheted hexagon sweater and haven't picked it up since before Thanksgiving, you reminded me so I'll get back to it this evening. I love the little journal you placed next to your sweater, is that your artwork? Swooning over that magazine cover, those flowers look very easy to make, I'm going to have to pick up this edition. The sunset is gorgeous, it's been rainy, gray and gloomy here, no sunset...bummer. Have a great day!

Leanne Coppola said...

Love the hat! And your sweater is going to be amazing. So happy you're doing it!
Funny thing about me, I love the look of paper whites and HATE the smell!!!!! I wish I liked it!

Marie Smith said...

Great post. The sweater looks great so far.

The paper whites look amazing. I can almost smell them. Spectacular sunset too!

DeniseinVA said...

A delightful series Debbie. I shall be eager to see your sweater when it is finished. It looks really great so far.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Paperwhites! I can almost smell them your photo is so real.
Beautiful sunset.
Happy Sweater Knitting!

Lowcarb team member said...

That sunset is beautiful.
Your paperwhites look amazing.
Enjoy knitting your sweater.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Oh how fun to be making a sweater, you will have to model it when you are done :) I just got this magazine too, I was wondering if they will say how the flowers were made. You sure do know what all is actually in your yard when you have all that snow. You caught a great sunset there.
Your flowers are gorgeous.
The Detroit game was pretty good to on Sunday, I watched while I was working in my journal.