Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Exciting Times...

My Kansas City Chiefs won the AFC Championship on Sunday.
They played the Baltimore Ravens, both teams played very well... and it was a very exciting game. 
We are off to the Super Bowl in 2 weeks where we will play the San Francisco 49ers. 
If the Chiefs win, it will be their 3rd Super Bowl win in the past 4 years.
- exciting stuff -


At the start of the game...





My Weekender Sweater is coming along nicely,
if you look closely you can see the decorative "seam" up the front center.
There is one in the back also.

I made some time to color over the weekend.
I adore this book that Liz gifted to me for Christmas.


We were out for a drive and I noticed this tree
 in Point Pleasant decorated with hearts.
Everyone in this area always shares the holiday spirit.

While we were out we stopped at the inlet, there were so many different Loons hanging around!

8 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Congrats to the Chief's, I hope they win the Super Bowl.
Since Baltimore is my hometown, I was rooting for the Ravens, they had a good season. Is the tree decorated for Valentine's Day? Love the Loon and your sweater is looking pretty. Take care, have a great day!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'll be rooting for the Chiefs! I'm a Steelers fan and I don't want the 49s to get another ring. That may not be a pure motive, but it makes me a temporary Chief's fan!

DeniseinVA said...

Congratulations to your team. I will be watching the Super Bowl. It’s fun to see your progress with the sweater. It’s very pretty already. What a lovely heart-filled tree and I loved your photo of the loon also.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Nice capture of Kelce catching the football! I hope they win the SuperBowl.

Ah ha! It is you knitting the sweater! lol
I was inspired to try one myself after reading your blog. I couldn't remember which blogger is making a sweather to thank. Thank you!
I'm practicing the pattern as a scarf. So far my tension is in need of more practice. I bought a book at the thrift store that has an easy pattern for a cardigan.
Your sweater looks great!

Love the heart tree

Marie Smith said...

That last photo looks three dimensional. Beautiful!

Barwitzki said...

I have no idea about the game, but I congratulate your team on the win... and keep my fingers crossed for the next game.
I also watch special sports on TV from time to time if they have good commentary and no advertising. It's wonderful to be excited.
Your sweater looks great, I like the color and, above all, that middle stripe is very chic.
Nice loon, I would also stop at the bay to look. I'm rarely at the sea... it's a joy for me when I can be there.
A hug to you from Viola

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We got to watch the second half of that game. So glad they won!

Conniecrafter said...

Congrats on making it to the super bowl, it would have been better if they could have been playing the Lions, they were doing so good at the first of the game but then went down hill, should have never went to half time. Your coloring is so pretty in that book.
That is a pretty loom there.