Thursday, January 11, 2024

Forcing Paperwhites

 As part of brightening up my day to day moments, 
I planted the Paperwhites I purchased when we went to 
- Longwood Gardens -
You can buy these at any garden center, hardware store, big box store...even Walmart sells them.
I wanted to get them at Longwood Gardens because now they have special meaning.
As I planted them I thought about the awesome day when we visited during Christmas time,
and relived those happy moments.
When they bloom, the house will smell amazing and I will again be reminded of that amazing trip.



I planted mine in rocks, the easiest way to plant them...
you will need enough to fill the pot 3/4 of the way up.


You should be able to read this if you are interested in doing this yourself,
this makes it sound/look complicated but this is super easy to do.

You can see here that my bulbs started to sprout, that is fine.

I always use this planter and I almost always plant 10, 10 fit nicely.
When in bloom, 10 gives a really nice bouquet.


I put them here, in front of our sliding glass door.
It was raining out, a driven rain that was hitting the glass!

9 comments:

Alicia said...

I've seen those so many times at Walmart and Winco, but they are so beautiful I was pretty sure they would be hard to grow. I will see if I can find some in our neck of the woods this weekend. Can't wait to see yours once they bloom.

Marie Smith said...

Can’t wait to see them in bloom!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Hmmm, that looks like something we could even do in our camper. At least up to a point!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice, it will a lot of fun when the bloom.

Susie said...

Debbie, You are so wonderful, showing your joys to all . I hope you show when they bloom too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

eileeninmd said...

Thanks for sharing, do they need a lot of sunlight?
Take care, have a great day!

DeniseinVA said...

Wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing them flower.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looking forward to seeing them in bloom :)

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I keep saying I need to try this but still have not given it a try yet