Friday, January 12, 2024

New Years Eve...

 Is it too late to talk about New Years Eve, it "was" 13 days ago?
I was going through the pictures on my phone and I found these, 
intended to be, but never shared here.

We ate out early, around 3 pm and the restaurant had this beautiful
Gingerbread House
At first I thought it was homemade, but it wasn't.
The male waiters were happy to tell me it came from Costco.

I watched my KC Chiefs beat the Cincinnati Bengals, 
their season has been up and down so I was happy to see them get the win.

We stayed up to watch the ball drop in Times Square.
I'm not really sure we stayed up for that but we watched it.
There was nothing good on television so we tuned in.
I learned a few things about getting old, 
when you watch these shows you do not know any of the artists who perform.

The ball is pretty...

the crowd is crazy...


and I was so happy to be home on my couch!

Happy New Year

Then a rain storm of confetti and we were off to bed, this was a great way to ring in the New Year!

11 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Festive photos
The gingerbread house is beautiful.
Staying up, I fell asleep about fifteen minutes before the ball dropped. I was in the Times Square area in 1967. There was subway strike threatened. We were afraid of not being about to get back to New Jersey.

BeachGypsy said...

Nope, not too late to post it--- I just got around to it as well! LOL. That IS a beautiful gingerbread house! I have not had ANY idea who the " singers" are either, for years now. I'm OLD for sure!! Ha ha LOL I miss the old days of REAL bands and real music. They played drums and guitars and pianos and SANG with actual talent.

Rian said...

Debbie, we stayed up and watched the ball drop... while drinking home-made eggnog (with a little bourbon)! That's our tradition. And yes, we're glad to be home watching in our own house too. Can't imagine wanting to be part of that crazy crowd!

DrumMajor said...

I read that folks attending Time Square paid $1200 each to be there. Yep, staying home was better. Linda in Kansas

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

We watched the same show. There is NO WAY you would ever catch me in that crowd. And like you, I did not know the performers. I looked at people in that crowd and pretty much lost my faith in humanity.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely post about your New Year's Eve. Ours was very quiet, even in our neighborhood. Happy New Year!

Marie Smith said...

I fell asleep long before the ball dropped. It was a great evening with the kids though! They fell asleep early too.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see your photographs.
I like the gingerbread house.
Happy New Year, Happy weekend too!

All the best Jan

Peg said...

The high temperature in Kansas City on Saturday is supposed to be just 9 degrees, dropping to 1 degree by 6 P.M. The wind chill is supposed to drop to 25 degrees below zero overnight Saturday. Rules at the stadium have been relaxed to allow fans to bring blankets and cardboard to put under their feet. I can't imagine sitting outside in that weather to watch the game, much less playing in it. Those poor players and staff! I'll happily watch it in front of my fireplace.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Has only been 13 days, it seems longer. I was asleep way before midnight on New Year's Eve. I did see the re-runs, lol on TV. Love the gingerbread house, really cute! Have a happy weekend.

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that house looks more professional then something you would find already made at a store. We did not stay up to watch the ball this year, we are trying to stay on Greg's work schedule hours, we are getting to old for the back and forth of getting up at all different times. I do know what you mean about getting older though and sometimes not knowing the artist :)