Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Baby It's Cold Outside

 It turned very cold and blistery last night, very cold, single digits cold,
this morning is only a little bit better.
I carved out a little time yesterday to work on a craft kit my niece from New Zealand 
gifted to me for Christmas.


This was so fun and I think it turned out great!


Next up was a little, after dinner, fun in the evening...

We got these cute little s'mores packages when we went to the Balloon Festival this past summer.
There are a lot of vendors there that hand out free samples of their products,
and we take the handouts we think we will enjoy, Ghirardelli sponsored this one. 

In the package were 2 special graham crackers, the correct shape with a different flavor,
a marshmallow made just for toasting,
- I think it was coated in sugar -
and a ghirardelli chocolate...they had all of the different varieties. 

We toasted them at the kitchen stove, which worked out great...


assembled...


then squished it all together...they were delicious.
I don't generally like s'mores but these were really good!

10 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Your New Zealand bird turned out great!--- so cute. The treats looked delicious. Stay warm. In this cold spell!! I'm thinking of summer gardens!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The craft dove is pretty. What a cute smore idea and a yummy treat. Take care, enjoy your day!

Marie Smith said...

I smile to see the s'mores. Love when we have them with the kids. Lots of gooey fun!

Kay said...

Oh goodness! I haven't had one of these in forever. This makes my mouth water.

DrumMajor said...

I don't know if I could eat a rectangle marshmallow brick shape. My brain is used to round ones. Glad it was yummy. Linda in Kansas

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Love the ornament! Trees should be filled with ornaments that bring you a smile and remind you of an experience or someone special to you.

Rian said...

Debbie, your felt ornament is really cute. And although I don't care for smores either, ones done with dark chocolate salted caramel do sound good.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the felt bird, it's so colourful, and it has a happy face :)

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

I thought I had already commented on this one but don't see it here. I love the way your bird turned out, he is so cute.
How neat to have saved this treat from summer, to remind of you of that day out and have a treat on a cold day!

DeniseinVA said...

That felt ornament is beautiful! And the smores? I am now craving them. An age old craving that would be.