Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Arrow Acres Alpaca Farm

one of my favorite places to visit...
where friends gatheryarn is for sale, knitting is welcome, and cute Alpaca wander freely!

On Saturday, I went to visit the farm...the Alpaca recently got their haircut and
I wanted to see and photograph them before the farm closes for summer.

I love them...but what I love more is the feeling I have when I am on this farm.
Every member of the family greets you with a huge smile,
they are genuinely happy to see you.
Us girls talk about girl stuff, yarn and knitting...Dad Don takes everyone who visits for a tour.
He tells them all about the Alpaca and offers you carrots so you can feed them.
Mom Dee, so kind and sweet, shows everyone how to "spin yarn".



















It was such a beautiful day!
If you are ever in Wall Township, New Jersey stop by the farm.
They are closed now for the summer 
but will reopen the end of September and are open every weekend until Christmas.

-whoever said money can't buy happiness never lived on a farm -

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the alpacas, they are so cute. I would enjoy visiting the farm too.
Great collection of photos. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Debbie, I would also love to visit an Alpaca farm. Although their coats have been shorn, it's really their faces that captivate me, they are so darn cute. Lovely photos of these adorable creatures.

Marie Smith said...

They are so cute. Adorable faces!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happiness..and cuteness! Oh my! They are such unusual animals and high on the cuteness list! I'm so glad you got to go and share these pics!

Sandi said...

Oh, I love alpacas! ❤️🩷💜💙💕🩵💚🦙🦙🦙🦙

What is the story with this farm? Were they just wealthy retirees who decided to put up fencing and get some adorable loveys to share with the community? I would love to do that one day. No clue how to farm though. 😊

Sandi said...

I just went to their website. They were horse farmers first! Oh, okay. 😊 Such a wonderful place.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I've never owned anything alpaca but I hear scarves and such warm and soft.
Sounds like a great place.

Anonymous said...

Those are such great photos!

Bonnie K said...

That is a lot of alpacas. Are they called a herd or something fun like a passel of alpacas? Thanks for sharing. There aren't a lot of them around here.

Rian said...

Really cute pics, Debbie. My daughter had a few alpacas in her animal menagerie at one time. They were cute little things.

Conniecrafter said...

How fun to get that visit in before they close for the summer, they all look so nice with their fresh hair cuts :)
Nice to have a place that you feel so welcome!

Angie said...

Debbie - what a coincidence! I just got back from a trip to the UK - and in the field across from my in-laws, there were two alpacas. On one of the last days of our visit, I saw three people "herd" the alpacas to the barn, and later in the day, they were as naked as babies! I guess this is the time in this hemisphere that they are sheared!

♥ Liz ♥ said...

What a great place to visit. Just look at that cute face in photo 3. So adorable.

Leanne Coppola said...

I'm sorry I missed you! I was a lazy bones that day and sat on the beach.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those guys and gals are so cute. They are ready for summer in those short haircuts.