Thursday, May 4, 2023

A Storm Is On The Way


While working the other day, I glanced out my home office window to this view...
It was a magical scene when I went outside, 
it was so much more beautiful in person then this picture shows.
It looked like another storm was coming in and these clouds did not disappoint. 
Walking around the back yard, I could feel and smell the rain coming.


I snapped a few pictures of my Purple Azaleas, they are gorgeous right now.
The back yard has so many of these, 
there was a gentle breeze blowing with the storm coming in, none of these would stay still for me! 



My oh so pretty Viburnum, I have at least 6 plants in full bloom.


The Big Leaf Hydrangea


My Knockout Roses have lots of buds...

and another butterfly emerged, I am starting to lose count!

- spring...a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can be -

12 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

I love a good gentle spring rain n-- our gardens enjoyed one a few days ago! About visiting charleston-- December is lovely and all decorated so pretty plus the camellias are in Bloom but April or early may is best weather... just don't ever come in the summer the heat/ HUMIDITY is not a joke!! LOL by mid may its HOT and so is June July August and September-- sometimes October even.... This year we are having such a COOL SPRING-- we are enjoying it!

Rian said...

Love your pics, Debbie. And so glad you have Black Swallowtails emerging. Your garden is beautiful. I have to say that my veggies and herbs in the trug are doing better this year - of course it hasn't gotten really hot yet.

Marie Smith said...

That sky scene…perfect! The blooms brighten the gloomiest day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Those are spectacular Azaleas!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics
Best Car Detailing Franchise in India

Dicky Bird said...

Oh my goodness the butterfly on flower - those colors!! Beautiful!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Everything looks so beautiful, Debbie!! Love the photos. I have the same color azaleas, actually I am still trying to figure out if it is azalea or rhododendron. Enjoy the rain!

-Soma

Brian King said...

That's a fantastic sky! Your blooms are doing very well and looking beautiful!

Linda said...

I just posted tonight's journal entry to my blog and I am sitting at my desk next to the French doors leading out to the gazebo. It is raining and there's some rumbling thunder to add to the ambiance. I do so love a good weather event or even a gentle one like we are having tonight.

Love all your beautiful photos!!

Sally said...

Such beautiful colors in your azalea's. Ours bloomed and now are gone until next year.

I love the butterfly, Debbie. So gorgeous. :)

Thinking of you and hoping you're doing as well as possible.

Love you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your flowers look beautiful, lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Loved seeing all your blooming plants, just beautiful!
WE had a storm come through a couple days ago that had a lot of hail in it and it really did a number on our Iris.