Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The Chatterbox

As we were making the turn by Skylands Stadium I noticed an eatery - don't I always - called 
It was immediately up for discussion as the parking lot was mobbed.
"It must be a hotspot" I mentioned to the hubs..."hamburgers and hotdogs, that could be fun"!
So we made a plan and decided we would eat there after ICE.
When we walked in, there was a long line - what could be better - a long line = good food,
and yes the place was mobbed.
I chatted up with the guy in front of me, of course, 
he made his suggestions, a burger or a hotdog, those where the best.
I wandered around and took some pictures - the decor was amazing!!

This was a display of a miniature Chatterbox, in a glass case, this was really cool.

Inside, there were so many amazing highlights of the "Chatterbox" era.











For a special friend, she knows who she is.


So this place was a score.
It was burgers, hot dogs and fries but the burgers and hot dogs were good.
The decor was really amazing -


Elvis was not in the building, I'm sure - I checked every square inch.
But his spirit, yes, his spirit was here.
I really loved this place!

25 comments:

Andy said...

What a place to bring back memories! The 45's on the wall did the trick for me.

Anvilcloud said...

It looks nothing like the Chatterbox that I once knew, which was a restaurant/diner in a gas station. It was the mid-sixties, and I could get a turkey sandwich, with peas and fries, for 60 cents. This was an occasional treat for lunch while I was in high school. Very occasional.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

The Chatterbox does look amazing. My husband would love it there.
Love the final photo of the smiling car! Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

Stephanie Faris said...

That looks like SUCH a fun place! I love 50s-style decor and my husband loves cars, so that would SO be us!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Debbie. The most crowded restaurants usually are the best. I love the decor and the cars. Looks like a fun place to eat.
Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day.

Judy said...

What a cool place. I would have ordered a hot dog!!!

Changes in the wind said...

What a great place!

Anonymous said...

What a fun place!!! We frequent something similar when we head to Western CT...love it and the food...same type of thing...:)JP

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Thats some cool ambiance

Sally said...

How fun! I would love it there, and order a hamburger! :)

xoxo

Marie Smith said...

What a great place to eat with so much to take in!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This place is great! Love the retro decor and that little blue sports car! The miniature version is wonderful. xx K

Unknown said...

What a neat place, Debbie, and I love, love, love that old Roadmaster bike!
That little blue car isn't too "bad" either! :-)

Andrea @ This Knitted Life said...

I love retro bikes. Great photo on that one! Glad to see you are keeping busy. Don't let all this sightseeing and adventure interfere with your knitting time. Wink. xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

Brian King said...

At first I thought your post title was referring a person. ;-) Love the inside of this place! Fantastic cars!

Michelle said...

Some cool items and what a place! Love it!

Adam said...

looks like a neat place

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is so much to look at,I might forget to eat. Nah,that would never happen.LOL

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! What a place!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ohhhhkayyy! I do love the decor, but not the long lines and not the hamburger/hotdog offerings. But I am old and cranky. Did they have milkshakes? That I might stand in line for.

Sue (this n that) said...

That place looks huge - what an incredible amount of effort has gone into the decor! I wasn't surprised to hear your good verdict on the food... it's always worth a bit of a wait - you just know that many people can't be wrong!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a place, so pleased you were able to experience this.
Looks to have an amazing atmosphere - and good tasting food too!

All the best Jan

Karen Lakis said...

Very cool decor!

LeAnn said...

Oh my, this is a place for my hubby and me! We would love it. We love old cars, we love hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and shakes; although we don't have them often. You know my sweetheart had a heart attack at age 45; so we only have this type of food on very special occasions. This looked like such an amazing place. Hugs for this one!

Ida said...

Wow what a cool place. I would love to go there just to see the inside. You guys find the coolest places to eat.