Friday, February 2, 2024

Little Fun Things...

 I have been knitting on my sweater, a lot.


It is an easy one, 
worked in the knit stitch with two faux seams created in the center of the front and back.
This first picture shows the color better...the second one shows the faux seam better.

Those seams are created by slipping or purling one stitch at the "markers",
the body of the sweater is knit inside out.

I also need to finish this washcloth, I am knitting a pair for a friend of my mothers.

My Christmas Cactus is in bloom, again.

It bloomed right before Christmas, is full of buds now and has one large flower.
When I used "siri knowledge" on my phone, it identifies it as a 
I am not sure I understand the difference between this and a Christmas Cactus, 
but it has something to do with the "claw like appendages" it has on it's flat stems.
When I purchased this plant the sticker said it was a Christmas Cactus.
I like the idea behind the Christmas Cactus, but I also like the fact that this will bloom often.

I found this shell in Point Pleasant...

I will post a picture on their Facebook page and then rehide it.
I have not hidden any of the shells I have made, 
but I plan too.
Debi, who takes care of my fingernails, has provided me with an abundant number of shells.
She decorates shells, she got me started and a lot of her clients give her shells each week.

It has been raining and gloomy all week but the sun is suppose to come out this weekend.
We will have to plan a nice drive in the car!

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Your sweater is coming along nicely, beautiful color. I have a friend who lives in Florida whose Christmas Cactus bloomed beautifully this year as well, he's very proud of it. I love your painted shells and would love to find a hidden one someday! Great idea to pass it along like that. Have a great weekend!

R's Rue said...

Love the shelle.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

BeachGypsy said...

It's so amazing to me how you can sit down with yarn and needles and make beautiful sweaters and other things!--- you're so talented. And yes--- we called cactuses like yours Christmas cactus my whole life. LOL

Marie Smith said...

Love the idea with the shells. Great progress on the sweater.

DeniseinVA said...

Your sweater is coming along beautifully. Love the stitching, looks perfect. I never knew there was such a thing as a false Christmas Cactus. Very pretty and the same for the seashell. It's a lovely thing to do for the community, each one is a smile bringer.

Kay said...

Your sweater is going to be so beautiful and warm.
I've never seen any fun shells like those in Hawaii.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The shells are a nice. Hiding it again will be fun for the next person and so on. That's a beautiful thread through the community.

Conniecrafter said...

You are making great progress on your sweater. Pretty blooming of the cactus