Wednesday, February 21, 2024

This And That...

Hi friends...
I do not have anything exciting to share, I have a few boring things that make up my days. 
I have a winter cold/crud that is starting to lose steam, 
thankfully, 
but it has kept me home without any exciting news to share.

When I visited the Coop a few weeks ago, 
I picked up these fingerless mitts...and that adorable luggage tag.
And how cute is the sale tag attached to the fingerless mitts.
I really enjoy wearing fingerless mitts because 
I am able to text at the same time as keeping my hands warm.


My Weekender Sweater is coming along nicely.
I had to rip out 5 rows after making an unnoticed mistake, that became very noticeable, 
after "froging" it, I am back on track now.



My Home Chef meals come on Tuesday...
I love when they come and the refrigerator is full of food.




My Christmas Cactus is not really a Christmas Cactus, I read it is 
Is that the same thing, I don't know...anyway, it is in bloom right now with a lot of buds and flowers.
It looks so healthy and pretty right now.


When I cut the flower off my hydrangea, I noticed buds and there are buds all over the plant.


 Sandy Hook has a beautiful lighthouse.
During our recent visit to see the seals, it was apparent it was in need of a little paint.

I hope everyone is having a productive day!

17 comments:

Marie Smith said...

I love lighthouses. This is an impressive one.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You are never boring! Your pictures make ordinary days come alive. And we should all be grateful for ordinary days anyway. (All great stuff except for the winter crud. Feel better soon!!)

Anonymous said...

So sorry you have been sick.
I love the luggage tag. Your fingerless mittens are sweet

Poor light house definitely needs paint

Cathy
Acornhollow.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

Sorry you've been feeling bad, glad to hear you're on the mend. The tags on the mittens are adorable! I've got a pair of fingerless mittens I'm crocheting. Started them in October in a pumpkin orange, now thinking of frogging them and making them a more year-round friendly color. Sweater is coming along nicely! How are the Home Fresh meals? They look great in the pictures, but one never knows. I think those would be great for my sister but she's a picky eater. I saw a Christmas cactus that was crocheted by someone on YouTube and it looks just like yours! So pretty! Stay warm and hope you are back to 100% soon!

Debbie said...

alicia...we absolutely LOVE home chef. there are so many meal options, the ingredients are fresh and their customer service is awesome. i have had a few times where i have been missing one item, and they credit the entire meal. last week i ordered 2 salads and only received 1. they gave me a credit for the cost of both salads. i have never tried any other meal delivery service because i am really happy with home chef!!!

Barwitzki said...

Oh yes, the sun came out this afternoon and it makes you jump for joy... blue sky and the birds start chirping. I was in the forest and saw a black woodpecker... he isn't seen that often... and I'm sewing... will be on the blog soon - nothing exciting, or is it, for me :-)))
It's good that you fixed your mistake, it would have bothered you forever. Unraveling knitting is terrible for me... I hope you enjoy knitting it... your sweater will be great. Hug from Viola

obscure said...

Do you have the magenta hydrangeas? Those are my favorite!

BeachGypsy said...

hope you're feeling better, Debbie! Isn't Cape May where all those beautiful Victorian houses are? Your fridge is stocked.....yummy meals on the way!!

BeachGypsy said...

PS can you post about the Titanic museums?-- I think that would be so interesting !!( your comment on my blog)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

This crud sucks, I hope you are over it soon!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers you feel better
Your sweater is coming along nicely.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your photographs.
The fingerless mittens look great and I like the one of the lighthouse.

I do hope you feel better soon.

All the best Jan
https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your photographs.
The fingerless mittens look great and I like the one of the lighthouse.

I do hope you feel better soon.

All the best Jan

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry you got the cold too, I had mine for two weeks before I finally went to the doctor and she gave me some stuff and now I just have a little cough her and there.
Looks like you need an empty fridge before you get your order :)
I didn't know there was a faux christmas cactus, it is looking very pretty to me!

Kay said...

I really admire people like you who can knit such beautiful clothing. I did a little (very little) crocheting a few decades ago, but that was it. I certainly don't knit in Hawaii where it's too warm for knit wear.

Linda said...

There is something about a lighthouse that tantalizes the imagination. The plant looks like a Christmas cactus to me.

DeniseinVA said...

Nothing boring here Debbie, I enjoyed each and every photo. Glad you are getting over that nasty winter bug.